Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting Suggestion

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Do you think this is a good idea to try?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 12 ]
No
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Interesting Suggestion Reply with quote

Hey Magic-League. I don't know for sure if this is possible, but I thought it might be an interesting idea to try some time. The suggestion is to have an undetermined Master format - with the winner of each trial getting a vote from say....4 categories(Standard, Modern, Sealed, Legacy?). As you can see, there could be some changes to the details, but the suggestion is to let the trial winners from the preceding 2 weeks choose the master format. I think that you could really generate some interest in the daily trials with a gimmick like this.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obligatory line: Kaesh handles Calendar scheduling so he's the one to talk to about this

Now that's out of the way, I actually think this could be interesting in an L5R-esque sort of way in that it's the players that have the control. Logistically it would require some organisation to make work of course (such as trying to get the players to actually vote), but I like the idea Smile
pg8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this a lot, even if ML did it only every few months or so. I don't think organization would even be that difficult if players had a deadline to send an email or their votes wouldn't be counted.
magicman85

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not vintage? =(

So many haters...
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... when there's a Modern Master, I usually try to enter every Modern Trial. If I don't know what the Master is going to be.... well, I probably will be less inclined to play.

aka, I hate the idea. But I'll only bitch before it's implemented, not after.

How about making every Trial a swiss to a T4, and every master an invitational where the T4 of each trial gets an invite? I keep losing R1 or R2 to the winner of the Trial so conceivably I'm the 2nd best player on ML and I never get a bye.

And I'm not being arrogant cause I actually think I am the 1st best.... now I'm being arrogant.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
How about making every Trial a swiss to a T4, and every master an invitational where the T4 of each trial gets an invite?

Current site cannot handle Swiss. New site (Coming 2012?) will be able to do Swiss, so there may be a policy change then.

The only reason Master is Swiss is because one judge takes it upon himself to do a LOT of work, manual result entry, etc.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! It gets people to play in more trials to maximize their chance to get a vote. For anyone who doesn't bother or care to vote, they are likely going to just play the Master regardless of what format it is as long as its a simple format. I think this is a great way to get more MLers invested in their trials!
wdeister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
Well... when there's a Modern Master, I usually try to enter every Modern Trial. If I don't know what the Master is going to be.... well, I probably will be less inclined to play.

aka, I hate the idea. But I'll only bitch before it's implemented, not after.

How about making every Trial a swiss to a T4, and every master an invitational where the T4 of each trial gets an invite? I keep losing R1 or R2 to the winner of the Trial so conceivably I'm the 2nd best player on ML and I never get a bye.

And I'm not being arrogant cause I actually think I am the 1st best.... now I'm being arrogant.

I too, would also like to see Swiss Trials (when available if the site can handle it in '12) as while I'm a bad player I also have a habit of getting myself paired in R1 of every tournament (online or off) of playing my deck's worst match-up. This would allow me to have a shot after my auto 0-1 into a tournament of moving on.

As to the topic at hand, I don't think it would increase participation as much as you would be hoping for players to vote on the Masters. You basically open the door for the players who PTQ a lot to basically run the votes into the format they're preparing for so they get extra upper level practice (I know I would do that.)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1