Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wu Tokens

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Wu Tokens Reply with quote

I modified this from an article by Luis Scott-Vargas: http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/feature-article-an-anthem-for-tokens/

// Wu Tokens v1

// Lands
11 Plains
4 Moorland Haunt
1 Island
4 Seachrome Coast
4 Glacial Fortress

// Creatures
4 Doomed Traveler
4 Snapcaster Mage

// Spells
4 Midnight Haunting
4 Timely Reinforcements
4 Flayer Husk
4 Elspeth Tirel
4 Intangible Virtue
4 Shrine of Loyal Legions
4 Day of Judgment

// Sideboard
4 Oblivion Ring
3 Geist of Saint Traft
4 Mana Leak
4 Honor of the Pure

This list was originally a GW list, but I switched out the G for U so I could get access to spell recursion with Snapcaster, Geist who is just insanely good, Mana Leaks with may or may not prove useful, and Moorland Haunt which is mostly useless but there nonetheless.

Flayer Husk is another addition. It gives me an early creature and something to equip to a spirit later on. I might take those out and replace with 2 Mortarpods and 2 O-rings, replacing the O-rings in my sb with Celestial Purges or something.

I'll update a win/loss record on this page and post links and summaries to matches that are relevant.

Advice/criticism/death-threats/illegal drugs appreciated!
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If geist is just insanely good, why not mainboard? Smile

Elspeths and Doj could be 3 ofs, leaving you more space for o-rings and maybe hero of bladehold? Also im pretty sure 80% of the time timely reinforcements will just give you 6 life Smile, maybe sideboard a couple of them? (if not all - but you need something to give flashback to with snapcaster, and unfortunately there aren't that many even as it is) +1 for the husks, no reason to be here, just add some creatures in to have targets for moorland haunts (which should be 3 btw). Mainboard mana leaks plz, you play snapcaster!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1