Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Format Name Issue

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Format Name Issue Reply with quote

As most of you know, an illegal deck won the trial this morning, and that brought something to my attention which I feel ML should address. The problem as I see it lies within these 4 casual formats.

MYOS - Make a "t2" deck from any 2 expansions and 1 core set
BYOS - Bring any deck which was ever legal in t2
Block Party - Bring any deck that was ever legal in a Block format
BYOB - Make a "Block" deck from 1 first expansion set, 1 second set, and 1 third set.

You notice that BYOS and BYOB look very similar, but are actually opposites. Build and Bring both start with the letter "B", making such anagrams a bit confusing.

I suggest that the names of these formats could be clarified and that a link to the appropriate "Other Format" description be linked when these casual trials are scheduled. Often, a person will ask in the chatroom and get a link to the appropriate format description, but this is uncertain and slipshod. A link either in the announcements or in the Schedule itself would be much easier for anyone to access.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree whole heartedly.

Also, unban nonbasics in Modern 237 please!
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with xJudicatorx and Jacois. The whole "other" formats thing being supported by magic-league is under review. Expect a clarification/change to January 1st.
Kaesh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "BYOS" is named BYOT2 exactly to avoid that confusion.
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moar vintage!
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaesh wrote:
The "BYOS" is named BYOT2 exactly to avoid that confusion.

BYOT2 is just as bad as BYOS because there is still the confusion over whether "B" means "bring" or "build".
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1