Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modern Pod List help/suggestions

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
Kewpee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Modern Pod List help/suggestions Reply with quote

http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=912905

Link is to deck that ive put together, i dont have all the cards right now so i wanted some imput other than my own on what to do/if its worth it/and where to take it.

my favorite thing is it doesnt rely on just the kiki-jiki combo, it can win on the beats and can also generate a really nifty lock by going :

Pod into acidic slime blow up a land (even better if you can get the slime out before their fifth land) Pod away slime into yosei, the morning star then immediately pod into sheoldred activating yosei's goes to the graveyard effect tap five perm, normally any open mana but if they are tapped out as it is tap down whatever else they got, a respective pod, a big guy, a little guy.. whatever.. they skip their untap step draw pass the turn (unless they get some crazy nut draw into land > path sheoldred) you bring back yosei with sheoldred then just pod it into nothing to activate it again and simply just win the game by beating with whatever you've got.
magicman85

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Melira, the Outcast + Murderous Redcap/Kitchen Finks + sacrifice card (infinite damage/infinite life) combo is pretty good for pod decks too I think.
Kewpee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, just load it up with combos and so they cant sideboard right lol

im thinking about it, the melira combo IS alot cheaper aswell to put into a deck...
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a list I just made real quick. The deck can probably be tweaked a little to make the land base better I was lazy and just threw in City of Brass and Forbidden Orchard but maybe they are optimal so you don't have to lose so much health.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [GP] Stomping Ground
1 [DIS] Breeding Pool
3 [GP] Steam Vents
2 [RAV] Overgrown Tomb
1 [CHK] Forbidden Orchard
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
4 [SOM] Copperline Gorge
4 [8E] City of Brass

// Creatures
3 [NPH] Deceiver Exarch
3 [M12] Birds of Paradise
4 [FNM] Murderous Redcap
3 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
3 [LRW] Pestermite
2 [CHK] Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
4 [NPH] Melira, Sylvok Outcast
4 [M11] Viscera Seer
4 [M11] Fauna Shaman

// Spells
3 [MBS] Green Sun's Zenith
4 [ROE] Splinter Twin

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [8E] Naturalize
SB: 4 [MBS] Sword of Feast and Famine
SB: 4 [NPH] Sword of War and Peace
Kewpee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no pod in a pod deck seems a bit whack
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singleton reveilark? Returns both exarch/pester and kiki into play for the splinter based combo.
Kewpee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like that card.. i see it fitting, i really like the interaction of being able to bring kiki-jiki back as well
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1