Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modern U/G Combo

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
Scuf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Modern U/G Combo Reply with quote

Hey all i know am new and all but really looking to make this deck shine if you want the deck list pm me but need masssive help.I lose Red decks and 12post and that about it just cant get the better draw against combo/control decks would like some help.
Well post deck if people are very intrested in the list and wanaa help.
Thanks All:D
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

post your deck here
Scuf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here the deck list:

11 Island
13 Forest
2 Emerakul
4 Sakura Tribe elder
4 Eternal Witness
4 Chancellor of the Tangle (Testing)
1 Blightsteel Colossus (Testing)
1 Vorinclex, the voice of hunger (Testing)
4 Heartbeat of the spring
4 Gifts Ungiven
4 Early Harvest
3 Time Warp
2 Blue sun's Zenith
2 Noxious Revival
MassO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tribe elders are not that great since the stack changed but, Expedition enchanment from eldrazi is a good sub that would get two additional mana.

But with the Heartbeats, I would want to play Rites along with it and have 6 1cc mana producers in 4 bop and 2 elves or which ever combination of those two.

that would get you a turn 3 - Primeval Titan
Turn 4 is up to 19 mana, as long as heartbeat remains in play.

Turn 3 could also be heartbeat/harvest/time warp
Turn 4 play Emarkel from hand, gg
Scuf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could show me a mini build of wat ur thinking?
MassO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 - heartbeat
4 - Rites
4- Bop
3- Noble Hiearch
3 - Early harvest
4 - Time Warp
4 - Emrakul
2 - Kozielk
4 - Primeval Titan
4 - remand
2 - Cryptic Command

4 Misty rainforest
4 Breeding pool
7 Forest
7 Island
1 Boseju

SB:

4 -Summoning Trap (works against Merfolk, Caw, Fae, Nostick and other ramp decks as a faster way to get the fatties in play)
3 -Creeping Corrosion (any heavy artifact deck)
3 -Evacuation (Zoo, Bant, rock, big red, gobs, any aggro)
2 -Stormtide Leviathan (or Kederekdt Leviathan or one of each)
3 - Pithing Needle (this deck is weak vs Nostick needed)

You should be playing a 1cc mana spell turn 1

Turn 2: Heartbeat or Rite
Turn 3: Either play the other enchantment and a Titan, or titan and early harvest, with a Time warp after the harvest
Turn 4: play Emarkul, gg
Firebelly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was an old turboland deck that ran beacon of tomorrows or walk the aeons i think, maybe try and find that list and look for around the same idea? i didnt care enough to find it. but you dont want one drop dudes and i think its hilarious that sakura tribe elder was called bad because the stack changed. he still blocks and is better than rampant growth. if youre building a deck with hearbeat in it you need to put lands into play not do just quick acceleration like one drops. ste, explore, heart expedition maybe? i def like the first list better.

but i wouldnt say its necessarily going to be better than 12post. i would try and just build from old heartbeat lists though for general ideas, instead of just casting emrakuls and winning because 12post is going to be faster and more consistent with eye of ugin. also rites is going to be terrible for you against any post decks.

gifts package also may not be worth it if you dont ahve any utility option. say if you could fetch something good against a specific combo, or affinity or post etc
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1