Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Faeblink Snapcaster

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Faeblink Snapcaster Reply with quote

I know he will probably get used more effectively but I do think this style of build could be competitive:

lands:

4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Seachrome Coast
3 Arid Mesa
2 Scalding Tarn
2 Island
1 Plains
3 Mutavault
2 Mystic Gate
1 Celestial Colonnade

Creatures:

4 Snapcaster Mage:

http://mtgsalvation.com/innistrad-spoiler.html

4 Spellstutter Sprite
4 Vendilion Clique
4 Mistbind Clique

Spells:

4 Path to Exile
4 preordain
3 ponder
3 Silence
3 momentary blink
1 Muddle the Mixture
4 Cryptic Command

CMC: 1:14 2:12 3:4 4:8

Side:

4 Kitchen Finks
4 Flashfreeze
3 Wrath of God
1 Condemn
3 Disenchant

The deck and the side are both self evident.
Whilst I realize this build is overcooked, how do you all think in general of the concept/level?

Last edited by AxiomBlurr on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of us who haven't bothered to watch the spoilers, could you give a link or at least a post of what he does?
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jud, its 1U 2/1 with flash that when it ETB makes an instant or sorcery in your yard gain flashback til EOT.
Axiom, I think that kind of build is just awkward for the card. Silence and Ponder don't seem to fit well, but if you believe Ponder fits, then Preordain doesn't. It should be one or the other based on your plan pretty much. Also, rather than saying the deck is self-evident, you should probably explain your thoughts on the concept as well. I realize you ask for others' thoughts, but give us your own! I am interested in why you think this kind of deck would be better than playing other decks. Why wouldn't Gifts decks or Pyromancer be better off with this card? Give me some info as to why Faeries. I'm interested in this card, he definately seems like a playable creature and his ability to add another "counterspell" to your deck by simply giving one in the yard that you aren't going to use anymore the flashback ability seems like it could hold some ground. He could give reach to some combo decks as well randomly. The fact that you can recast Grapeshot from the yard with flashback makes the required storm cut in half! Fill me in on your thoughts with this guy, I believe he can probably go to MUCH better use than this.
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a link Blindboy RTFL Confused
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there wasn't a link previously...

basically thought 1UU even as a sorcery for a 2/1 with preordain or ponder was super, not to mention 1UW 2/1 flash with Path or 1UW: 2/1 flash with Silence. And if you can muster the mana, 2UUUU for a 2/1 flash with Cryptic is still power.

Blink just helps to get the most out of your graveyard. Transmute and then flashing back the muddle seems nuts...

Blink and Mistbind, or Vendilion or Spellstutter is all good too.

But really I just think Snapaster Mage is a great card waiting for grand abuse!

What do people think? And anyone care to post a more optimal Snapcaster mage Blink list?
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venser would be nuts with this guy, buy maybe in a T2 environment where u don't probably lose before u even cast Venser Smile.
Davis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idkhow often it comes up, but right now you can't even counter a turn 3 blood moon right? Seems like alot to stake on 3 good lands and no hate for it maindeck. Spellstutter sprite seems way weak without BitterBlossom backup, so maybe you should run rune snag instead? or any 2cmc good counter. Or just more basics, cos youre freakin mostly blue already. Given I guess you could side in flash freeze g2 but a solid MD counter would help against all decks.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1