Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boros in t2 as opposed to RDW

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Atub

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Boros in t2 as opposed to RDW Reply with quote

I've been playing Boros with some decent results overall, but I could really use some help with card choice, as well as the decision whether or not to go all-out RDW. I'm reluctant to give up Lynx, cus it's a beater. The return of O-ring also provides awesome removal of planeswalkers, stompys, or leylines. In the SB, being able to play Kor against RDW is key.

Lands
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
4 [LRW] Plains (3)
6 [US] Mountain (4)
1 [ROE] Evolving Wilds
1 [M11] Terramorphic Expanse
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn

Creatures
4 [ZEN] Steppe Lynx
4 [ZEN] Plated Geopede
4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
2 [NPH] Moltensteel Dragon
4 [M12] Grim Lavamancer
4 [M12] Stormblood Berserker

Spells
4 [M11] Lightning Bolt
3 [WWK] Searing Blaze
4 [ZEN] Burst Lightning
3 [M12] Oblivion Ring

Sideboard
SB: 4 [NPH] Dismember
SB: 4 [WWK] Kor Firewalker
SB: 1 [M12] Dragon's Claw
SB: 2 [NPH] Torpor Orb
SB: 4 [NPH] Act of Aggression

Moltensteel Dragon is a card I'm considering losing. It's almost always a surprise to your opponent to see a 4/4 flier drop turn 4, but it hasn't done much damage, just surprise. Potential alternatives: Koth, Blade Splicer, Mirran Crusader...

I could also use some SB help. I'm never sure what to take out/bring in vs. U/B and U/W control.

I appreciate any suggestions, thanks!
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only have 24 lands, which as I remember is at least 1 too few, but usually 2 too few. Teetering peaks?

Moltensteel dragon is about the turn you want them to be dead...so cut it.

Only white card is steppe lynx and Oring? You dont need stuff against planeswalkers playing mono red. Burn is it.

I think just play mono red. Furnace scamp for lynx and incinerate for o-ring.

if you're worried about red enough to play dragon's claw, you can just play more of them and cut the firewalkers. i dont like torpor orb in aggro decks.

its just not worth it unless you're playing squadron hawks and adventuring gears.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have to say cut the Moltensteels and probably cut the extra lands. Oring should be SB and instead run Shrine and better red cards. The only white cards aggressive enough to splash are probably Hawk and Lynx. They fill a good attacking role without diluting too much speed.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and cut geopede, dies to too much and doesn't get enough beats
XMechaShivaX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea and run souleater with fling + Landfall too?
Atub

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of your comments. After playing mono red for a few days I think that's the way to go. Lynx is great but there's not much else in white that fits with the deck. I thought about some hawk + gear, but that really just makes it a crappy caw-blade.

Thanks for all of your input guys.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1