Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Platinum Emperion + Reanimate

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
MassO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Platinum Emperion + Reanimate Reply with quote

Reanimate
Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. You lose life equal to that creatures converted mana cost.

Platinum Emperion

Your life total cannot change.

8/8

Question: If I reanimate a Platinum Emperion, will i still lose the 8 life or will the Emperion be in play when the second part of the reanimate takes place, so that you won't actually lose the 8 life?

It seems to me, that you would put the creature into play and then lose the life, if that is correct then you wouldn't lose the life.
mysticism

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you will not. You do the instructions in the order the card specify

Put Plat. Emp on the field then loose life. Since hes on the field when the second part resolves, you do not loose life
zebo_88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

116.2b Static abilities continuously affect the game. Priority doesn't apply to them. (See rule 604, "Handling Static Abilities," and rule 611, "Continuous Effects.")

611.3b The effect applies at all times that the permanent generating it is on the battlefield or the object generating it is in the appropriate zone.

This means the effect starts taking place exactly when the emperion touches the battlefield, regardless the spell is still resolving, so i think mysticism is right.
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commonly in standard... kicked Into the Roil on Consecrated Sphinx works well for the Roil player.
zebo_88

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, 'cause the sphinx goes to owner's hand before the player who cast roil draws, so sphinx effect doesn't trigger; if the card read if into the roil was kicked draw a card then bounce target creature, then obv opponent would draw 2 (after the spell resolves)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1