Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6/04 RFT - Red Deck Wins (someone steal my decklist plz)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Tao

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: 6/04 RFT - Red Deck Wins (someone steal my decklist plz) Reply with quote

Spent some time making this deck work well, namely against Jitte decks and Kiki-Jiki/Pestermite decks, but I probably won't be around to play in the trial, so hopefully someone can profit off my stupidity, or at least discuss it for use in a few random 8-mans i might catch.

// Lands
4 [ZEN] Teetering Peaks
8 [UNH] Mountain
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
4 [FD] Spark Elemental
4 [ZEN] Goblin Bushwhacker
4 [ZEN] Plated Geopede

// Spells
4 [ZEN] Burst Lightning
4 [M10] Lightning Bolt
4 [BOK] Flames of the Blood Hand
4 [FNM] Magma Jet
4 [PY] Rhystic Lightning
4 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [M10] Pithing Needle
SB: 4 [M10] Pyroclasm
SB: 3 [ZEN] Obsidian Fireheart
SB: 4 [LRW] Ingot Chewer

Jitte is sorta janky here, but it pulls weight for fighting attrition wars and opposing jittes (playing shatter/ingot chewer/pithing needle in the main sucks).

Needle and Pyroclasm fight Kiki-Jiki decks even more, Fireheart is for control decks that always show up, and Ingot Chewer is Ingot Chewer.

Not 100% sure on Rhystic Lightning, but the chances of having 8 flame javelin is one deck is too saucy to pass up. Obv there's a right and wrong way to play it, I'd rather not be Obvious Oliver and point them out.
Powerfox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiki-Jiki is from Champions, not Betrayers, so it's not in this RFT.

List seems reasonable, although jitte's probably an issue game 1 (75% of your creatures have 1 toughness and the others have 2, plus the lifegain and other annoying jitte shenanigans).
Tao

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerfox wrote:
Kiki-Jiki is from Champions, not Betrayers, so it's not in this RFT.

List seems reasonable, although jitte's probably an issue game 1 (75% of your creatures have 1 toughness and the others have 2, plus the lifegain and other annoying jitte shenanigans).

yep, i read CH and thought champions, not chronicles. scratch all the kiki-jiki nonsense.
jonwayne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

played it, got some free wins off burn, then realized i should be playing gobbos & some kind of out to Auriok Champion. The burn package was brutal, but the non-Goblin Guide creatures sucked.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the words of Djinn

RDW loses to Auriok Champion, Jitte, and Burrenton Forge-Tender
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1