Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UG infect

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: UG infect Reply with quote

Here's a list i've been trying since the release of NPH.

// Lands
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
6 [MBS] Island
6 [NPH] Forest
4 [MBS] Inkmoth Nexus
2 [HOP] Terramorphic Expanse

// Creatures
4 [NPH] Blighted Agent
4 [NPH] Glistener Elf
2 [SOM] Ichorclaw Myr

// Spells
3 [ROE] Distortion Strike
4 [NPH] Mutagenic Growth
4 [WWK] Groundswell
4 [ZEN] Vines of Vastwood
3 [NPH] Corrupted Resolve
2 [SOM] Livewire Lash
4 [M11] Mana Leak
4 [M11] Preordain

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [MBS] Viridian Corrupter
SB: 2 [NPH] Beast Within
SB: 2 [M11] Jace Beleren
SB: 3 [NPH] Hex Parasite
SB: 4 [NPH] Mental Misstep

Seems to go pretty well against decks without A LOT of removals (like caw blades valakuts and certain control decks), but it has tough matchups with monored and pyrotwin (with pyromancer online, the combo gets easily disrupted with counters and vines). So, any suggestions?
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These decks you really need more creature but the problem is there just isnt that many low mana cost infect men. ur only running 10 creatures (14 if you count blinkmoth, and almost every deck runs tectonic edge MD.) I would drop the counter spells for more men, then side them in against pyrotwin. i run into the roil SB to for twin, and the vines work nicley to.

but decks with alot of spot removal are tough matches because they almost always get a 2 for 1 if you pump and there not tapped out.

Decks like cawblade and UB control are built more to beat pyro twin and they take turn 1-3 to set up and u can usually beat them in that amount of turn with the right pumps.

4 MBS Inkmoth Nexus
11 NPH Forest
7 NPH Island
4 NPH Glistener Elf
3 MBS Viridian Corrupter
4 NPH Blighted Agent
4 MBS Plague Myr
4 SOM Necropede
4 ROE Distortion Strike
3 WWK Groundswell
2 SOM Livewire Lash
2 ROE Prey's Vengeance
3 ZEN Vines of Vastwood
4 M11 Preordain U
1 NPH Tezzeret's Gambit
Sideboard
1 MBS Viridian Corrupter
1 ZEN Vines of Vastwood
4 ZEN Into the Roil
3 WWK Nature's Claim
3 MBS Creeping Corrosion
3 NPH Corrupted Resolve

if you get a starting hand with no creatures, ur basically screwed unless you get a really good mulligan. If you have only 1 creature and they have a spot removal its gunna be tough to win again. the preordains help alot but you really need to be dropping a man as soon as possible.
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you cant beat pyro twin is it really worth 100 hours of play testing?
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's nothing wrong with beating a deck after sb, and this deck can win on turn 3-4 consistency if not disrupted too bad. thats faster than they will even be able to play splinter twin
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've won T2 with it btw Smile. T1 glistener, he tapped for lotus cobra, and in my T2 i played distortion, groundswell and 2 mutagenics (10 unblockable damage gg ^^). The thing about creatures in this deck is that u really need 1 alive to win you the game, i used to have more in the deck but now i think its more consistent. Vines and counters make sure the one u need stays on board, and the rest cards in your hand should be pumps, not dead cards like creatures. Pyrotwin rarely combos out, thats not the problem with the deck. The problem is that it has a lot of removals mainboard, and with pyromancer ascension online it can get tricky (still i have good matchup with it, just not that good as with other decks).
Epilogue

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaviaris wrote:
I've won T2 with it btw Smile. T1 glistener, he tapped for lotus cobra, and in my T2 i played distortion, groundswell and 2 mutagenics (10 unblockable damage gg ^^). The thing about creatures in this deck is that u really need 1 alive to win you the game, i used to have more in the deck but now i think its more consistent. Vines and counters make sure the one u need stays on board, and the rest cards in your hand should be pumps, not dead cards like creatures. Pyrotwin rarely combos out, thats not the problem with the deck. The problem is that it has a lot of removals mainboard, and with pyromancer ascension online it can get tricky (still i have good matchup with it, just not that good as with other decks).

thats an interesting take on the creatures part. i play a similiar deck for pauper with vines and counters in the board. but instead, i tend to board out some pumps rather than the creatures, choosing to control rather than go for the fast kill in the sb strategy. will try ur suggestion out =D
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1