Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Praetor's Grip

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Praetor's Grip Reply with quote

Is it possible to properly play Praetor's Grip in MWS?

You're supposed to remove the card facedown from your opponents deck, but as far as I know you can't remove cards from your opponents library, even if you're viewing it.

I suppose I could count X cards down to the card that I want, then my opponent can put the top X cards of his library into play facedown, then give me the top card of his library facedown, then shuffle those X cards back. This would work but it would take a great deal of time and that wouldn't really be viable in a Mini or Trial.

What would the ruling be for this card on ML?
Terri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i havent tried it out. but can you rearange cards in oppoents librairy?
if yes then just move the card you want to the top and let the opponent drag it face down.
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people have the auto shuffle feature on after looking through a library. Probably just gotta do it and let them know what card you took.
Magx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
Most people have the auto shuffle feature on after looking through a library. Probably just gotta do it and let them know what card you took.

like he said : name it and the guy will remove it
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magx wrote:
magicman85 wrote:

like he said : name it and the guy will remove it

It's Actually Praetor's 'Grasp', my bad.

Praetor's Grasp 1BB
Sorcery
Search target opponent's library for a card and exile it face down. Then that player shuffles his or her library. You may look at it and play that card for as long as it remains exiled.

The point is that your opponent isn't supposed to know what it is.
Unseen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your opponent have to remove cards.Just tell him how much and watch it at his library and tell him stop Very Happy Its long but not impossible
Pushover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can select all cards in library, and hold shift, drag them to the battlefield. Then the other guy can take control of them all and look for one he wants.
KnowN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1OR513N wrote:
i havent tried it out. but can you rearange cards in oppoents librairy?
if yes then just move the card you want to the top and let the opponent drag it face down.

Yes. this is the only way i see that it can be done. It's really not that bad, and u can turn off auto shuffle when u are searching an opponents library, or just dont close it until he drags
Lynolf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, the only legal card that doesn't allow players to do exactly what it's supposed to be done on a game is Goblin Game. Unseen's answer is probably the more accurate for this situation. Mr. Green
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1