Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nim Deathmantle + Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Nim Deathmantle + Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas Reply with quote

Hi,

I think I'm right about this, but there are too many people saying that it's wrong, so I have a couple of questions...

In this situation:

I have in play a Tezzeret Agent of Bolas, Nim Deathmantle, and some other non-creature artifact that had became a 5/5 creature after using the Tezzeret ability on it...

1) If the 5/5 creature dies for some reason, can I pay 4 to use the Nim Deathmantle ability on it? Or it's not a creature already when it goes into graveyard?

2) And if you can do that, how do the non-creature artifact returns to play? Just normal or 5/5 creature? And does the Nim Deathmantle attach to it anyway?

Thanks for your help guys!
Pushover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equipped creature gets +2/+2, has intimidate, and is a black Zombie.

Whenever a nontoken creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay 4. If you do, return that card to the battlefield and attach Nim Deathmantle to it.

Equip 4

I'm thinking that the card will return to the battlefield as a normal artifact, as the first part of the card is satisfied, of a nontoken creature hitting the yard. But when the card hits the yard, it is no longer a creature, so the card will be returned but since the card isn't a creature, deathmantle cannot attach.

But I am in no way sure.
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbob247 is correct.

bobbob247 wrote:
Equipped creature gets +2/+2, has intimidate, and is a black Zombie.

Whenever a nontoken creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay 4. If you do, return that card to the battlefield and attach Nim Deathmantle to it.

Equip 4

I'm thinking that the card will return to the battlefield as a normal artifact, as the first part of the card is satisfied, of a nontoken creature hitting the yard. But when the card hits the yard, it is no longer a creature, so the card will be returned but since the card isn't a creature, deathmantle cannot attach.

But I am in no way sure.
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply!

My doubt was mostly about the non-creature artifact returning to play or not! If I could return it, I was almost sure that it cames a non-creature artifact again... But like I said, I wasn't sure, and you know how most MWS players are... They love to imagine new rules when they don't know the official ones...
That's why I prefer to ask here for the right answers!

Once more,
Thanks for your help! Appreciated!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1