Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card Round 31

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Create a Card Round 31 Reply with quote

Create a card.

I will be judging with the A-F grading system. Feel free to explain why you made the card, what impact it would have, and/or the format it was made for. Otherwise I will simply be judging on my own personal "wow" factor.

GL and have fun! That's what it's all about.
Rag_garn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Create a Card Round 31 Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
Create a card.

I will be judging with the A-F grading system. Feel free to explain why you made the card, what impact it would have, and/or the format it was made for. Otherwise I will simply be judging on my own personal "wow" factor.

And the guidelines?
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Create a Card Round 31 Reply with quote

Rag_garn wrote:
Jacois wrote:
Create a card.

And the guidelines?

There are no guidelines. Create a card, anything. Use your imagination.
Gademis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that we create whatever we create and we also state the "theme" under which we created it. So here we go:

Alien Brute GB2

Creature - Alien U

Infest 2 (Whenever Alien Brute deals damage to a creature without hatch counters on it that creature gets 2 hatch counters and gains "At the begining of your upkeep remove a hatch counter from this creature. When the last counter is removed destroy it. Put a 2/2 Black and Green Alien Vermin under your opponent's control")

"How do you kill an enemy that breeds on your forces?" - Militia captain
3/2

As you could more or less guess its an Alien Invasion theme (as if the multiverse wasnt enough) and I could call the first set "Homearth: We weren't alone". And yes I went for a silly theme Very Happy .
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gademis wrote:
My guess is that we create whatever we create and we also state the "theme" under which we created it. So here we go:

Alien Brute GB2

Creature - Alien U

Infest 2 (Whenever Alien Brute deals damage to a creature without hatch counters on it that creature gets 2 hatch counters and gains "At the begining of your upkeep remove a hatch counter from this creature. When the last counter is removed destroy it. Put a 2/2 Black and Green Alien Vermin under your opponent's control")

"How do you kill an enemy that breeds on your forces?" - Militia captain
3/2

As you could more or less guess its an Alien Invasion theme (as if the multiverse wasnt enough) and I could call the first set "Homearth: We weren't alone". And yes I went for a silly theme Very Happy .

You don't have to say the theme, but you did, which will help me judge more appropriately for your off-the-wall card. Good news is you're in first right now. Wink
Rag_garn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graveflesh orchard
(rare) Land

Graveflesh Orchard enters the battlefield tapped.

T: Add B or G to your mana pool.

PB: "Phyrexian mana, you may pay either B or 2 life to use this ability" Sacrifice Graveflesh orchard put a 1/1 Black and green Gremlin creature onto the battlefield with infect.

"The land itself has turned against us - Ezuri"

"This card is an intresting add to make infect more playable with a 1/1 infect drop for either one CC or life, but still a high price to balance it as a turn 1 play., aswell as a double land if needed.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time Paradox (4)(U)(U)(U)

Enchantment - Mythic

After your combat phase, there is an additional untap phase.

"Very few are the chronomancers that can fully understand time. Unfortunatelly none of them manages to remain sane long enough to pass on that precious knowledge."
MassO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have decided to make a card specifically to make green/blue fish viable in t2 again. This would be current T2. OKN since again no restrictions and I would have won the last two of these but during the judging they added the rule no broken cards.

Aphrodite, Queen of Life UUGG. (Rare)
Legendary creature

Flash, Flying

When cardname enters the battlefield, counter target spell.

When cardname deals combat damage to a player, choose two:

Untap two lands or untap two artifacts or draw two cards or return a card from your graveyard to your hand.

1/4

"As life on Mirrodin devolves, I, alone will grant it new life." - Aphrodite
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomBr1nger wrote:
Lightning Talons | 3

Artifact - Equipment (Rare)

Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a creature, it can't be regenerated this turn.

Equipped creature gets +3/+0, First Strike, and damage dealt by equipped creature can't be prevented.

Equip 2

Foes hit see no blows dealt, but wounds are too late felt.

KnowN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrannosaurus Chief- 2GGG
Creature - Dinosaur (Mythic Rare)

Trample

When Tyrannosaurus Chief enters the battlefield put 2 1/1 Dinosaur Tokens with Fossilize onto the battlefield.

GG, Sacrifice a dinosaur: Target Dinosaur deals damage equal to its toughness to target creature.

Fossilize - Whenever this creature deals damage to another creature, tap that creature it does not untap during its controllers next untap step. As long as that creature remains tapped this creature gets +X/+X where X is equal to the tapped creatures toughness.

3/3

The Tyrannosaurus Rex was well designed to eat other Dinosaurs. Imagine what he will do to you

EDITED p/t to be less broken

Last edited by KnowN on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CARD:
Quote:
Randomness 2R
Instant (Rare)

Cast Randomness only if an opponent drew three or more cards this turn.

Shuffle target permanent an opponent controls into its owner's library, then opponent reveals the top card of his or her library. If blue card was revealed this way Randomness deals 3 damage to that permanent's controller.
//
Predictability 2U
Instant (Rare)

Cast Predictability only if an opponent shuffled his or her library this turn.

Target opponent draws three cards, then look at his or her hand and choose three cards from it. Put them on bottom of that player's library in any order. If three red cards were chosen this way, you may fateseal 3.

This is one split card not two cards. On its art it would have Sarkhan traped inside of some kind of scrying ball(Predictability) and Jace sucked inside into falming vortex(Predictability). For a theme I imagine a set that takes place inside of Nicol's Bolas subconscious and dreams, where we find out more about new planes and his crazy plans. Very Happy

Last edited by ikazuchi on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
kumagmd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense of the Horde
G
Enchantment (Rare)
Play Defense of the Horde by revealing your hand, and if you reveal no instants, put Defense of the Horde into play.
Whenever a player casts an instant spell, you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield.
"The Un-natural Ones outmatch us? I think not." - Kumagnificent, Lackey of Thrun

Pretty simple - trying to hose down all those counterspells in vintage, legacy, extended and standard tournaments, without losing card advantage. If you'll note - you only get to play Defense if YOU have no instant cards in hand (dunno how to specifically word it better). And absolutely punishes folks who insist on using them instant-speed stuff (brainstorm, force of will, orim's chant, etc). Even when countered, the card loss is 1 is to 1. And even when disenchanted, you get to put a critter into play.
InWaking

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassO wrote:
Well I have decided to make a card specifically to make green/blue fish viable in t2 again. This would be current T2. OKN since again no restrictions and I would have won the last two of these but during the judging they added the rule no broken cards.

Legendary creature

Flash, Flying

Untap two lands or untap two artifacts or draw two cards or return a card from your graveyard to your hand.

1/4

I really liked MassOs idea so I decided to make it not retardedly broken. But still extremely powerful

MassO, Queen of Brokeness UUGG
Legendary Creature (Mythic rare)

Flash, Flying, Shroud

When cardname enters the battlefield counter target spell or activated ability.

When cardname becomes tapped you may tap and or untap two target permanents.

When cardname is put into the graveyard from the battlefield shuffle cardname back into your library and draw two cards.

1/4

I like this version as it can combo with other cards and creates a real fun factor. Not entirely broken but would probably still see play.
MassO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InWaking wrote:
MassO wrote:

Legendary creature

Flash, Flying

1/4

I really liked MassOs idea so I decided to make it not retardedly broken. But still extremely powerful

MassO, Queen of Brokeness UUGG
Legendary Creature (Mythic rare)

Flash, Flying, Shroud

When cardname enters the battlefield counter target spell or activated ability.

When cardname becomes tapped you may tap and or untap two target permanents.

When cardname is put into the graveyard from the battlefield shuffle cardname back into your library and draw two cards.

1/4

I like this version as it can combo with other cards and creates a real fun factor. Not entirely broken but would probably still see play.

WTF.....You took a playable card in the T2 format, which I explained and you made it broken!!

You added shroud, so no spot removal, You basically uber broke it when you added - when cardname becomes tapped you may untap 2 target permanents, just add any tappable artifacts and you could stall the entire game, or have infinite combo. have a memnite with a Heavy Arbalest and gg.

At least I made a card that could be killed, without general mass removal. And you took the counter target spell and added activated ability......you didn't even add any mana to the cost.

My card has to do actual damage to a player before any abilities occur.....your version is named correctly Brokeness. But the card I made is not broken, yea a deck could be made around it, but that is what I want to accomplish with the card, to make UG fish viable. Not make everyone in the format play this deck. By many players definition a broken card is a card that is in almost every viable deck in the format...take skullclamp for example. If that is their definition then look at T2 today....every deck has at least 1 of the 3 cards if not all.........Jace, StoneForge, Squadron Hawk.

Only deck off the top of my head that doesn't have any of those is Valakut. If you play White at all, you have stone/hawk and if you play blue you have a jace. So, why are these viable in T2 and My card which is legendary is not viable?
boeda

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phyrexian Foundry - Rare

Land

T: Add 1 to your mana pool.

2: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

The living learned to accept the need for the artificial. The true turningpoint was when the artificial became aware of its need for the living.

I hope in the near future multicolored decks will be viable again in standard. Phyrexian Foundry is designed for New Phyrexia, enabling multicolor themes in the sets that will follow.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3