Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Locked Decks and Folders?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Locked Decks and Folders? Reply with quote

When I am in MWS and i create a deck and save it, or a folder to save it in, the file is created with a small lock next to it. This is not a problem if Im just playing over MWS but when i try to submit my deck for trials or minis, its like the file doesn't exist. Even if I try to access the file from "My Computer" the file doesn't show up. the only way I have access to them is through magic workstation.

Any solutions? Im running Windows 7
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can do 1 of 2 things. Create a folder on your desktop to save your decks in or reinstall MWS onto your C: drive. If you installed it into program files (x86) its going to lock the files.
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tryed creating a desktop folder, it didnt work. Ill try reinstalling whem i get home from work
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has nothing to do with installing, has to do with administrative rights on your computer, you can move the folder to your desktop or to mydocuments then try restarting your computer might work then
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the help i thinks all is well now
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a similar problem and noticed other people having this problem as well when working with newer versions of Windows.

Rather than saving the files where you tell it to, MWS saves them at

C:/Users/*UserName*/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/Magic Workstation/

If you check that file path when you go to submit your deck for a mini, you should find all of your decks, not just the ones that came pre-installed.
danprince10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
I've had a similar problem and noticed other people having this problem as well when working with newer versions of Windows.

Rather than saving the files where you tell it to, MWS saves them at

C:/Users/*UserName*/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/Magic Workstation/

If you check that file path when you go to submit your deck for a mini, you should find all of your decks, not just the ones that came pre-installed.

I had this same problem, it was fixed when I reinstalled.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1