Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White Weenie Thoughts for Standard

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
AkYo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: White Weenie Thoughts for Standard Reply with quote

I've been thinking of White Weenie for the new Standard as an Aggro Archetype
Cards that we can use
(brainstorming the idea)
I was thinking knights will be powerful now because we get a couple knights with the new set...

Creatures:
Hero of Bladehold
Accorder Paladin
Leonin Skyhunter
Mirran Crusader

White Knight
Knight Exemplar

Stoneforge Mystic

Eldrazi Monument
Conqueror's Pledge

Elite Vanguard ??
Sun Titan ?? (long game or sideboard)
Steppe Lynx ??
Transcendent Master ??

Utilities:
Sword of Feast and Famine
Sword of Body and Mind
Brave the Elements
Journey to Nowhere
Sword of Vengeance
Bonehoard

Marshal's Anthem ??
Honor of the Pure ??
Windborne Charge ??
Gideon Jura ??
Ajani Goldmane ??

Sideboard:
Kor Firewalker
Leonin Relic-Warder
Celestial Purge
Leyline of Sanctity
Devout Lightcaster
Kor Sanctifiers
World Queller ??
Linvala, Keeper of Silence ??

There is might be a lot I missed but I think this new set brought enough knights to the mix to bring in a new Standard White Weenie Knights ? Indestructible Knights are cute... especially when they have Battle Cry lets get some lists flowing I wanna see if this can be good enough to take down the top decks because so far there hasn't been any good aggro archetypes with the exception of Boros :p

Last edited by AkYo on Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
JeZeus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about speaking on behalf of moderators regarding redundant topics...the linked thread is, by all appearances, devoted to a janky-looking tribal deck. This thread is a fine idea for throwing ideas around for the White Weenie archetype.

-EngSk

Sorry mate, it was just an annoyance posting on two different threads, regarding the same topic. Especially considering the original deck idea for this thread was specifically in regards to being White Weenie Knights. Its no biggie.
AkYo wrote:

There is might be a lot I missed but I think this new set brought enough knights to the mix to bring in a new Standard White Weenie Knights ? Indestructible Knights are cute... especially when they have Battle Cry lets get some lists flowing I wanna see if this can be good enough to take down the top decks because so far there hasn't been any good aggro archetypes with the exception of Boros :p

Last edited by JeZeus on Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

knights have no answer for Black Sun's Zenith
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
knights have no answer for Black Sun's Zenith

no deck in the format minus CAW-Go, valakut, UB and pyro-ascension have answers to that card.

Oh, those are the only good decks you say?

Correct =)
Tao

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for the landfall plan, slapping an adventurer's gear on mirran crusader is hot, and you get to play steppe lynx
AkYo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeZeus wrote:
http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/about15037.html

Its not stickied or anything, however I see no reason not to just post on this thread. Instead of cluttering the T2 forums with redundant posts.

JeZeus My post has nothing to do with yours however we both came up with the Knight idea.. I'm just giving suggestions of a White Weenie aggro archetype.

this is usually what you do when you want to design an new deck. All I'm doing is listing cards and giving ideas..
JeZeus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I edited my post. I was just looking for insight as well in regards to White Weenie and with Knights. Neither of us 'came' up with the idea, its been talked about on different forums by many different people for some time.

The only issue I had is you literally posted your thread a few days after mine, with the majority of the same cards being used/talked about in the two decks posted on the other thread. I don't want to cause a stink or anything, I would rather just share Idea's on different builds. It would have just been nice to do it on one thread.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1