Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Help Me Create A Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Bob_A_Wilson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I'm working on something that you could definitely play in some special formats, but I guess you're mostly looking for a fun casual deck, so I'm trying to keep that in mind too.

I loaded all your cards into mws and went about sorting them. It looks like you got some good zombie cards, so I'll try putting together something of that nature.

So far, the cards I have pulled aside are:

4x Putrid Imp (You have some madness cards, plus, this guy can be a 2/2 flyer, and creature evasion is a very good thing in Magic.)
4x Skinthinner (You need some type of removal, and while he may not be reliable, he can also be played as a 2/1 zombie for 1B, which is a good thing in this deck.)
3x Gempalm Polluter (If your opponent doesn't have a lot of removal, this card is gonna win you games. If you play against control, however, sb this out.)
2x Shepard of Rot (Hellwisher.)

There's a good start. I'll work more on this later...too stoned right now.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bakeneko wrote:
Okay how about this?

Threshold Deck - Total Cards 70

// Land - 20
20 x Swamp

// Creatures - 31
4 x Severed Legion
4 x Putrid Imp
4 x Skinthinner
3 x Grotesque Hybrid
3 x Gempalm Polluter
2 x Shepherd of Rot
1 x Vengeful Dead
2 x Gloomdrifter
4 x Frightcrawler
4 x Screeching Buzzard

// Spells - 19
3 x Crippling Fatigue
2 x Crown of Suspicion
1 x Rancid Earth
1 x Dirge of Dread
1 x Dead Ringers
4 x Syphon Soul
1 x Howl from Beyond
1 x Greel's Caress
1 x Feast of the Unicorn
4 x Strength of Lunacy

EDIT:
Okay so I was told this deck sucks... just give it to me straight, is it even possible to make a half decent deck with the cards I have?

Never play more than 60-61 cards. Cut Syphon soul for sure as it really doesn't do much.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good way to sort out cards and cut your deck off them is to sort the complete deck by manacost of the cards. For example, If you then have 20 cards for 3 mana, but only 1 for 2 mana, you should probably remove some of the 3 mana cards for more cheap cards.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1