Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help with computer virus!!!!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: help with computer virus!!!! Reply with quote

hopefully weedmonkey or someone reading this will be able to help me here...
so i was trying to get into the irc chat on the site and a computer scan pops up but its not the usual one, its a virus induced one. like its a virus made one. i can tell because it says this internet worm is trying to send my credit card info over the internet, but news flash, i nor anyone who uses this computer has a credit card. it also installed a program to my computer which i cannot find the source of, but is called system tool 2011. i used the search program on the laptop to attempt to find the source folder so i could uninstall it and it doesnt exist, no uninstall is possible. im very sure its a virus causing this mayhem. if anyone knows what i can do to stop this, it would be greatly appreciated. ill update all info i can as i go. it wont allow me to connect to the chat room, so this is the only way i can communicate. it also causes a pop-up about every 10 seconds saying, that file dlactrlw.exe is infected and if i click on it it pops up saying to buy this software by credit card and such. and this pop up comes from the system tools button, not from the usual shield that is from windows firewall. PLEASE HELP!
Lozober

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try downloading and using the KILLBOX to delete the file.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fix isn't too difficult, restart your computer in safe mode, then run msconfig from command prompt.

Go to the startup tab- look for the weird file here, usually they are named something easy to spot like oiasdhfp79at

You can go ahead and uncheck it and hit apply, now it wont start when you start the computer.

to get rid of it for good, the command section of the same startup tab will give you the file path for it, use this to locate your bad file and delete it.

The last part involves using regedit, simply type regedit from the command prompt again, be careful here, as if you delete a crucial system file you can seriously f up your computer.

Anyway, use the information from the location section of msconfig startup to find where to go and delete those entries dealing with the virus.

Thats about all you have to do.
niknight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removal Instructions are here
Pins4Sins

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn your computer.
Terri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the safest way to avoid more problems is starting a backup for your computer. u lose all your data but your computer is clean then. i also had such a problem. friends told me to search for this virus at the process controlling and then just rightclick and stop this process but there didnt appear a button with "stop this process". so i had to do this back up. But better lose all your data and keep your computer whole than vice versa. Smile
mchosa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just google the file name and find the removal instructions (list of infected files/registry keys) and delete in safe mode: press f8 b4 the windows loading screen pops up, spamming the key while restarting works fine Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1