Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone using WINE on a Mac?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Tao

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You installed it wrong. There's more than enough forums on here with plenty of the same exact resolved questions.

I'd say lock this and sticky whichever Wine thread is best/new one, but I'm no modumulator
WildCard
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe i could make a post on it. for your fonts you just bring up the install menu (for adding additional stuff to wine) and select all the fonts. it did take some time for me to actually install everything properly. I found a few times MWS refresh on the graphics was really slow (2 seconds after every action taken), Mirc dosent load scripts well and there are several programs that just wont work with it alltogether. my suggestion:

and I assume you have a mac like me...

Littlesnitch: asks you about EVERY new connection to the internet (good mar making sure certain unregistered programs dont check online to see if their registered)
Parallels desktop: I have that and windows 7 installed, 0 problems with PC only programs, it takes up quite a bit of memory, about half of what I have but I can still use a bunch of other programs while its running. There is also a coherence mode, you can run windows... in a window, run it full screen, or coherence which hides the windows desktop stuff like your not even running it.

My problem right now is how do you uninstall wine and the other programs installed under wine without any unknown side effects... Id just assume to use my appcleaner to get rid of all the prefrence files and delete my wine C: drive. most apps are erally clean bundle install but im not sure if wine is the same.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1