Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So I started a music blog

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Steveman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: So I started a music blog Reply with quote

http://themusicblog.squarespace.com/

Check it out and tell me what you think!
Sebas_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... i dont see the illegal download links =/ so this is not a real music blog thanks
magicman85

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg!!!!! I love the Beib!!!!
[PMP]evil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good start, but I have some constructive criticism. First of all, I would proofread or get someone to edit. There were a fair number of grammar issues in post #2 that made me cringe. Second, I really liked the first article, but I thought it was way too basic. I study music and so I'd like to see something like that, but more advance, maybe more detailed analysis of something. I don't know if you actually study music and if that's possible or not for you, but if it is that would be awesome. Thirdly, maybe you could give some exposure to something not mainstream? I know that I hate mainstream music and seeing something that you specifically like might introduce people to something knew.
Steveman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya PMP, I hate proof reading my things unless I have a hard copy / highlighter with me (my usual proof reader has a carpenter apprenticeship and is almost never on anymore).

I'm glad you liked the first article. Right now, my aim is to start pretty basic so that it's universally accessible to everyone, which is why I'm doing mainstream stuff to begin with. I do study music (I go to Berklee), I'm just trying to do something that isn't geared towards musicians, but people who listen to music in general. Once I get the ball rolling a bit and build a small following, I'm going to delve into different genres: for #4 or #5, I'll totally do that for ya Smile
[PMP]evil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, sounds awesome. I liked it, so just thought I'd give you some tips to make it better. I'll make sure to look for new posts.
DH

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I gave it a skim, I liked the Eminem post, I agree with a lot of what's said, although I think you should pick a topic and go more into detail. For example, when talking about the industry, I'd rather write about a particular part, e.g. sounds (808 drums that are kinda overused), or whatever you'd like, but in greater detail.
Splitting topics up could be beneficial both for you and the reader.

Now, while I don't actually study music, I do listen to a whole lot of it. Not contemporary pop unless it's the radio while I'm somewhere. 80's, 90's, contemporary house are my genres.

I'm also trying to be kinda active in the mashup scene since I really like the concept of finding obscure stuff and turning it into something totally different.

But to be honest with you, I'm in law school and my goal is to work with copyrights, and/or talent management. And I've started going in that direction. I also speak a few foreign languages (English, German, Italian, bits and pieces of other languages).
I'm friends with a few guys that are also house heads. One of them has a youtube channel you can check here if you're into that kind of music. And especially if you know someone who's a freelance singer - could be someone into rock, pop, house - please PM me or mail me... hreglia at hotmail dot com

All in all, bookmarked you, hope to read more.

DH
Steveman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aight PMP, my new article delves into non-mainstream stuff, introducing people to some "out there" artists through my favorite Radiohead covers Smile

Tell me what you think!
[PMP]evil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love me some radiohead, so it was pretty awesome. I'd seen the idioteque one before, but that's it.
Steveman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New blog up, I begin exploring one of my favorite musicians of all time
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1