Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gobos!!!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
swordfish2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Gobos!!! Reply with quote

So Im getting ready for Grand Prix Columbus (one of the few times i can say its nice going to college in Northeast Ohio) and I decided to play goblins mostly for the reason that my friends are using all the Goyfs and that I had most of the cards sitting around.

I decided to build my goblins deck with slightly more creature removal then other builds to combat the goyfs and rhox war monk and other stuff that basicly ruins gobos day

Lands 21
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Wasteland
3 Rishidan Port
3 Badlands
2 Wooded Foothills
1 Taiga
3 Mountain
1 Swamp

Creatures 32
4 Goblin Lacky
4 Goblin Matron
4 Goblin Piledriver
4 Goblin Warchief
4 Goblin Ringleader
2 Stingscourer
1 Goblin Cheiftan
1 Wort Bogart Auntie
3 Warren Instigator
1 Earwig Squad
1 Lightning Crafter
2 Gempalm Incinerator
1 Siege Gang Commander

Spells 7
4 Aether Vial
3 Warren Wierding

Side
3 Red Elemental Blast
3 Krosan Grip
3 Relic of Progenitus
2 Perish
3 Pyrokenisis
1 Earwig Squad

Im thinking of taking one instigator, and adding another card. maybe sharpshooter, but i like lightning crafter better. i also would like to add another cheiftan, but i can make the room.

also the side could use some help i think as well. would lightning bolt be better? also would it be better to use tormolds crypt instead?

thanks for the help
Rikets

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you def need patriarchs bidding and sharpshooter and the 1 red goblin that you sac a goblin for a red those 3 mixed are gg not that hard for goblins to pump out the mana for that and weres the goblin warchief?? and goblin grenade??
RDoom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody plays bidding in legacy... or grenade...

i agree with adding 1 sharpshooter since you can matron for it. More siege gang commanders, why the random earwig squad?

lightning crafter is 10x worse than a sharpshooter which can machine gun an entire board.

wort is ok but kind of slow in gobos and more chieftains imo
Spyx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chieftain is a 4off always. Don't play a basic swamp.
swordfish2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earwig is actualy pretty solid if you pay the alternate cost, but the more i look at it the less i like it cause unlike the other gobos, its cost doesnt go down and it cant attack its first turn with the haste

i have never had any sucess with sharpshooters, and most lists i have seen have pulled it all together. there are no creatures that are relevent that only have a toughness of 1 by turn 3-4 when you get a chance to play it.
Spyx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that sharpshooter is bad, but lightning crafter isn't great either. The best part about it is that you get the comes into play effect from the ringleader/matron you championed again when it dies, which says enough about how weak the card itself is.
In fact whenever i've drawn it my best play was to immediately let it lightning bolt itself so I could ringleader again. It let me win through moat once but that seems very conditional and siege gang can do it too.

A waste of a slot tbh.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1