Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW Eldrazi Ramp (serious attempt)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Zendikar block constructed
Mod_Counter

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: GW Eldrazi Ramp (serious attempt) Reply with quote

Hardcasting Eldrazi is fun, so i decided to make a deck that can hard cast them and isnt using summoning trap.

Thats what i came up with so far:

// Lands 28
4 [ROE] Eldrazi Temple
2 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
4 [WWK] Stirring Wildwood
7 [LRW] Forest (2)
7 [SHM] Plains (4)
4 [ZEN] Graypelt Refuge

// Creatures 13
1 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
4 [ROE] Overgrown Battlement
4 [ROE] Wall of Omens
2 [ROE] Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
2 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

// Spells 19
4 [WWK] Everflowing Chalice
4 [ROE] Dreamstone Hedron
4 [ROE] All Is Dust
3 [ROE] Gideon Jura
4 [ROE] Growth Spasm

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [WWK] Kor Firewalker
SB: 3 [ROE] Pelakka Wurm
SB: 4 [ZEN] Mold Shambler
SB: 4 [ZEN] Day of Judgment

I invested 4 days of playtesting on mwsplay and I am very confident about the deck, but i need some people who can test with me a bit more, since most players on mwsplay are kinda bad...

The gameplan is obvious:
Ramp on the first turns, kill stuff along the way with All is Dust and Gideon Jura and play a huge Eldrazi on turn 6 or 7.

I will not go into details, because I mainly made this thread to find some skilled players who want to test it with me a little against real meta defining decks. Im always around in the IRC channel.

Anyway, tell me what you think and play the deck a bit if you want.

Mod_Counter
DXMachina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to help you playtest this sometime, either on mwsplay or mws.magic-league

My current block build is mono green:

4 Arbor Elf
4 Joraga Treespeaker
4 Lotus Cobra
4 Nest Invader
1 River Boa
3 Kozilek's Predator
3 Vengevine
3 Wolfbriar Elemental

4 Beastmaster Ascension
3 Eldrazi Monument
3 Vines of Vastwood

3 Misty Rainforest
3 Verdant Catacombs
1 Dread Statuary
4 Khalni Garden
13 Forest

Plan is simple: Ramp with Cobras and mana elves. Make lots of dudes with plant tokens, spawn tokens, wolf tokens. Drop Beastmaster Ascension or Eldrazi Monument and swing for a bunch of damage. Turn 4 win is not uncommon if I see a Cobra, Treespeaker, and Ascension in my hand.
PM me on IRC or here if you want to test some time.

About your deck, the build looks pretty solid. I would reconsider the Hedrons, but Chalice is good. I personally would run fewer Ulamogs if you can come up with another of Kozilek or Emrakul. Em is good for a 1-of, main deck, but I would run 3 or 4 Kozilek's over any of them. He's the cheapest, and he draws you 4 cards, which is much better than "destroy target permanent". And you're being underconfident about the ability to play an Eldrazi. You should be able to drop Kozilek turn 5. Overgrown Battlement is a very powerful card for that. The only thing I could suggest is to possibly put Vines of Vastwood into your sideboard. Most of the hate for your deck will come in the form of spot removal to get rid of your 1 Eldrazi or your taps-for-GGGG-Battlement. Vines can be a nice combat trick with Walls anyway, and to be able to counter a spot removal for G with the big creatures you're playing is very valuable.

Overall, a solid build, and I think it would give me a good run for my money. Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Zendikar block constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1