Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

summoner summoner

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:22 pm    Post subject: summoner summoner Reply with quote

// Lands
5 [DDE] Swamp (2)
5 [OD] Plains (3)
2 [IN] Island (2)
4 [ALA] Arcane Sanctum
4 [WWK] Creeping Tar Pit
4 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade

// Creatures
4 [FNM] Tidehollow Sculler
4 [CFX] Sphinx Summoner
4 [ARB] Kathari Remnant
4 [ROE] Wall of Omens
2 [ALA] Sharuum the Hegemon
3 [ARB] Wall of Denial

// Spells
4 [HOP] Oblivion Ring
4 [ALA] Esper Charm
4 [ZEN] Spreading Seas
3 [ZEN] Day of Judgment

the basic idea of this deck is to survive until it can cast sphinx summoner... which tutors for sphinx summoner, which tutors for sphinx summoner. if a summoner dies (actually a good idea to let one, maybe in trade or kill spell), then you search for sharuum which will return the summoner and leave you with powerful board prescence.

what I need, though, is some second opinions on how I might go about with this strategy, and how I might start building the sideboard.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-4 Kathari Remnant

+4 Everflowing Chalice

Cascade is nice, but the Remnant itself is useless even though you hit a good cascade card. Chalice will help you start your Summoner strategy earlier, and multiples may help you play multiple cards earlier. It fits perfectly.
Alphakiller

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the remnants were more there for the fact that they can defend well, but if i'm getting more stuff out sooner... i'll test the idea asap.

and so far, after testing against UW control, i'm finding i need two things: negate, and more things to search up for the war of attrition.

so...

4x negate
4x celestial purge
4x kor firewalker
3x ?

I can't figure what other bomb-y thing I might drop with sphinx summoner's tutor. a-chrome-a is too expensive, and ethersworn adjudicator only really hits oblivion ring and baneslayer...

you know, that might be a good idea. adjudicator might be a sb slot for me.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canonist, against Jund?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1