Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blightning Deck Wins Side Ideas

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
fatalthumbs

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Blightning Deck Wins Side Ideas Reply with quote

I want to run the blightning deck wins build for FNM and was wondering if I could get more side ideas.

//Lands
4 Lavaclaw Reaches
4 Dragonskull Summit
4 Arid Mesa
4 Scalding Tarn
7 Mountain
1 Swamp

//Creatures
4 Plated Geopede
4 Goblin Guide
4 Hell's Thunder
4 Kargan Dragonlord
1 Hellspark Elemental

//Spells
4 Blightning
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Burst Lightning
3 Staggershock
4 Searing Blaze

//Sideboard
3 Hellspark Elemental
2 Doom Blade
4 Deathmark
2 Quenchable Fire
4 Goblin Outlander

2 decks in my metagame that weren't mentioned are vamps and white weenie. Here are my ideas on how to side against them.

WW:
-4 Kargan Dragonlord -1 Hellspark -4 Burst Lightning -1 Geopede +4 deathmark +2 doomblade +4 Goblin Outlander

Vamps:
-4 Kargan Dragonlord -1 Geopede +3 Hellspark +2 Quenchable Fire

Do you guys think I'm on the right track, or should I tweak this? Thanks for your help!
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would u cut kargans agaisnt those decks, WW has like 8 first strike guys and 4 pro red guys that are all ground creature u need kargan to fly over them
fatalthumbs

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my gameplan for vamps was to side in the unearth guys to give them less targets.

And for white weenie I wanted to side in all the creature kill and 4 goblins. I wasnt sure what to cut in the process.
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like Hellspark Elemental right now, Wall of Omens just laughs at it, and it's even worse if they board in Wall of Denials too. I'd cut the one in the main for the 4th Staggershock. I'd play around with Kiln Fiend over Hell's Thunder.... Fiend is good, or at least he has been in testing. As for a sideboard, if you're not going to run Hellsparks (which I REALLY don't think you should... trying to emphasize that), a good board would be something like this:

4 Goblin Ruinblaster
3 Deathmark
3 Doom Blade
3 Manabarbs
2 Thought Hemorrhage

This is a very well-rounded sideboard that allows you to bring in cards against nearly every matchup you can face. My friend finished 10th out of 173 at our National Qualifier with this sideboard and your maindeck minus the Hellspark & Hell's Thunder, and plus the Kiln Fiends and 4th Staggershock, and he played this sideboard. He went 6-2 and played 6 different decks out of 8 rounds, and he said he wouldn't have changed a single card. Hope that helps.
fatalthumbs

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have tested with kiln fiend a little bit. I found him a lot slower since he doesn't have haste. I'll give it another look. Thanks a lot for the help.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1