Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help making white soldier deck for upcoming tourny

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kumagmd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rest for the Weary.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need 23-24 lands, not 20. 4 Captain of the Watch is at least 2 too many. Hada Freeblade isn't good in a deck with a maximum of 7 other allies.

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/about13292.html
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ehri already placed a trial with a semi-rough list. With a little testing and tweaking, I think it could be a huge contender in this format.

And no, I'm not Cedric Phillips.

Or am I?

http://www.magic-league.com/deck/60772/standard_t2.html#Midrange White37719
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarShark wrote:
I killed a WW player at states with 1 spreading seas so they couldnt use their orchid knight and didnt draw lands for 3 turns

hahaha i locked someone out of 7 plains for their emeria the sky ruin at states, and they were playing one of those awkward builds with ~19 lands, 7 of which were basic plains, the rest fetches and a miser's emeria. that was a good day.
big-james

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should try looking at Knight Captain of Eos as well as Ranger, with the amount of one drops you play ranger can be good for refueling after a wrath.

and yes 20 land is not enough, even RDW plays 24-25, you could probably play 4-8 Fetch lands aswel in you mono deck for thinning purposes when you need to draw spells. failing that look at including a couple of tectonic edges/dread statuaries.

Malakir Bloodwitch will probabl;y be a massive problem for you when you have nothing that can attack into it, statuary helps you dothis and can count as an extra guy.

Hada freeblade is prob bad in this type of deck your aly count is not very high and usualy he will just be a bad Isamaru/savannah Lions.

2 Captains is probably enough your a weenie deck and a 6 drop is too much to hope for! I played Kithkin for about 2 years and cloudgoat was hard to get to without a windbrisk heights/land heavy draw.

INcluding 1-2 Emeria, the Sky Runi might be a good idea is games go long, recursive Knight Captain/Ranger/BSA or Captain of the watch is a bad thing for opponent to deal with.

Your skeleton for the list seems fine, it just needs some tweaking
Insom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Forest
9 Plains
4 Terramorphic Expanse
4 Evolving Wilds
1 Arid Mesa
1 Marsh Flats
1 Emeria, the Sky Ruin
1 Stirring Wildwood
1 Sejiri Steppe

4 Khalni Heart Expedition
4 Explore
4 Realms Uncharted
4 Knight of the Reliquary
1 Oracle of Mul Daya
3 Eldrazi Monument
4 Conqueror's Pledge
4 Knight-Captain of Eos
4 Captain of the Watch
4 Nomad's Assembly

Soldiers might be mildly playable once RoE comes out.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1