Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reserve list changes

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sad that my judge promos won't keep my dreams vivid... i always tohught one day there'd be a lotus
neckfire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durango wrote:
Good thing vintage and legacy aren't relevant formats.

where the hell have you been for the last 9 months....the legacy 5k's
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neckfire wrote:
Durango wrote:
Good thing vintage and legacy aren't relevant formats.

where the hell have you been for the last 9 months....the legacy 5k's

Considering that besides the 5k's there's only 2 legacy GPs per year (so disgusting that the cheapest GP for me this year was Legacy...) and that 5K's only happen in the USA, they're still pretty irrevelant formats.
Chefy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage and Legacy have always been more USA focused because of the relatively few printings of Duals overseas. It will only get worse now and any hope of Legacy becoming the next big thing is lost with this.

My only hope now is that they put some of the cards that make Legacy fun into EXT...
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EmoNinjaSuck wrote:
Vintage and Legacy have always been more USA focused because of the relatively few printings of Duals overseas. It will only get worse now and any hope of Legacy becoming the next big thing is lost with this.

My only hope now is that they put some of the cards that make Legacy fun into EXT...

you do realise vintage and legacy are a lot more popular in europe than in the us
Chefy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than go into the heavy stuff; I'll be brief.

The majority of Dual lands were released in America. Whatever migration of Revised duals that may occur is partially mitigated by a demand for foreign black bordered duals here.

Compile that with an unfavorable economic circumstance prior to 2002 and you have issues with players getting the cards they need.

In many countries, Legacy is not a realistic format because dual lands were never released there in any numbers.

My point is not, "What country loves X format more?"

My point is that "Card X was distributed more here" and "Card availability allows for greater embrace."
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1