Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

League Magic Format

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
TheGODehT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: League Magic Format Reply with quote

So a card shop near in my hometown posted this message on Facebook and I was wondering if anyone had good ideas to break this format. It would be hot to win the grand prize out of the winners, as I believe it is about equivalent to a booster box. Below is the store's facebook post about their "Spring MTG League".

Quote:
"All participants purchase 4 different Magic the Gathering booster packs in order to build a 40 card deck. Those decks remain at the store at all times. Any league player may play any other league player at any time while the store is open, but they can't play the same person twice in a row. (Meaning that ...when two players play, they have to each play someone else before they can play each other again.) All matches are best two of three, and are for ante!! (players shuffle, present to cut, and before the cut, flip cards off the top of library until anything but a basic land is revealed. Those cards are removed from play. The winner of the match wins both cards! After seven wins or seven losses, a player may purchase any one booster pack to add cards to the deck. The league is tracked in store until the end of May. At that point the two players with the highest wins, and the two players with the highest losses will play in the league finals! Prizes are given to all finalists and in random "feature matches" that take place throughout the season!"

My idea was to do something like Mirrodin, Darksteel, fifth dawn, and some urza set. Does this seem good? Or not so much? Thoughts/comments/ideas?
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would the biggest losers be in the finals?
Magno-
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you limited to 1 booster of each set you choose?
4 booster packs a little light, I'd go with 5 so the first decks to build aren't 4 color decks.

If not, I would probably go with:
1. 2x Torment + 2x Tempest (Best black spells)
or
2. 3x Eventide + 1x Alara Reborn (Work great together)
Magno-
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you are right, then you shouldn't be playing 4th, but you should be using Urza's Saga. Better then 4th...
Obnoxide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably let the people with the most losses in to give people who are less experienced than the veterens, some incentive to play. Remember, we all started at the same place, and people still start playing magic everyday.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1