Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Banned from chat

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
jebus911

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Banned from chat Reply with quote

sigh

Last edited by jebus911 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Banned from chat Reply with quote

jebus911 wrote:
Wow, banned from chat. Little bit of an abuse of power/lack of maturity, eh?
@you know who you are.

get used to it. Get DAMN used to it.
jebus911

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so we are clear.

i WAS asking for minis a few times. I don't think it was excessive because i thought it was playful, but im not contesting this part. I was then banned from chat. I didnt know how to check what was up, so i made a name that was obviously me. "Jebus9_11". I Made it to talk to who banned to try and straighten it out. This was seen by someone in the ML channel, so i was banned for a week.
jebus911

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also. I spent the next 30 min trying to talk to leadership about w/e happened. I got no response. Peace out everyone. ML is just not for me apparently.
six
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and this is why we say read channel rules.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

six wrote:
and this is why we say read channel rules.

Basically irrelevant. He was messing around about something also irrelevant.

You know this man, he's been around. He doesn't deserve to be banned for something like this.

I don't understand where people who are on the internet on a completely trivial card-game website think they have some sort of power. You should NOT be allowed to ban people for speaking about anything specific, as long as it is not spam.

More people should ask for more minis. Lord knows you only run 1.06 an hour.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magic-league is not a democracy. Follow the rules or go somewhere else.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
magic-league is not a democracy. Follow the rules or go somewhere else.

which is funny cause unless you wanna pay, there is no where else Razz
SoloRenegade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can sympathize...I hate to say it but lets be honest...game forums of all sorts tend to have an issue with people with "privileges" being abusive of the power...and while thats fine and dandy (their site/forum/thread/chat their rules)...it harms the community as a whole. Gaming communities are growing a stereotype of the pissed off nerd wielding what ever minute powers they have when given the chance. They can be assholes because they're mods and they have the internet to distance themselves. But people get fed up with it and while they may seem to just leave to get away. The community notices this and if it happens enough it can harm populations and hurt the possibility of potentials.

While i dont know the scenario. It seems to be a case that he was making a mild joke and if properly been warned would've stopped. Now he's being given the "deal with it" attitude. And I ask...what does this serve to accomplish? He's not harmful to others, can be easily handled without this, and banning him just causes issues as obviously has now happened. Bans should be reserved to benefit the chat to make others happy, not to be anal retentive and self serving.

I dont know the mod...but lets say on past accounts Ive seen some real tards throwing the bans around simply because they could rather than thinking of a logical alternative to make everyone happy. Sometimes just talking to the other is better for both parties.

something tells me not a single person typed out "Its a against the rules to keep asking". While you can think "his fault for not reading the rules", you completely fail to realize that typing that out would've solved the whole issue, avoided this thread, been easier, and served the purpose of teaching him not to break the rules FAR more effectively than issuing the ban. Logic people.

Last edited by SoloRenegade on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Tao

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you really whining because you got banned for a week?
gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not a joke if ur the only one laughing, mini begging is agaisnt the rules so its your own fault ur banned i dont know why people say otherwise
SoloRenegade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

Quote:
something tells me not a single person typed out "Its a against the rules to keep asking". While you can think "his fault for not reading the rules", you completely fail to realize that typing that out would've solved the whole issue, avoided this thread, been easier, and served the purpose of teaching him not to break the rules FAR more effectively than issuing the ban. Logic people.

^^something tells me this part wasnt read :/

Sometimes we dont know all the rules (yes i know it fuckin easy to find and read them)...pretty easy to give someone a quick tip off when theyre exceeding them as a first resort. They'll usually appreciate it and become better members for it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1