Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dude, you got owned by an insect!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Pillsburry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Dude, you got owned by an insect! Reply with quote

Bant aggro-control

// Lands
4 [ALA] Seaside Citadel
2 [M10] Glacial Fortress
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
4 [M10] Sunpetal Grove
2 [ZEN] Island (1)
4 [ZEN] Plains (4)
4 [ZEN] Forest (2)

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Scute Mob
3 [CFX] Wall of Reverence
3 [ARB] Mycoid Shepherd
4 [M10] Baneslayer Angel

// Spells
4 [M10] Negate
4 [ALA] Hindering Light
4 [ZEN] Harrow
4 [ZEN] Day of Judgment
3 [M10] Garruk Wildspeaker
3 [ALA] Elspeth, Knight-Errant

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [M10] Celestial Purge
SB: 4 [ALA] Deft Duelist
SB: 4 [M10] Flashfreeze
SB: 3 [CFX] Path to Exile

I wanted to make a deck that abuses Scute Mob, running him alone is to vulnerable so I added more creatures. But the main focus of the deck is to play Scute Mob with 5+ lands then protect him with negate / Light and swing with a flying gigantic insect (thx to Elspeth) or a trample gigantic insect if necessary (thx to Garruk).

Last edited by Pillsburry on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand why people have such a hard-on for time warp and scute mob... If your casting time warp the same time as scute mob your only getting to attack once with a 5/5.... why is this such a big deal?

If you are casting time warp once hes a 5/5 after you attack and they dont kill him... it really shouldnt matter since they dont have removal anyways?

Personally I would much rather just be holding a counter spell for their removal than playing time warp to try to swing for once at a 9/9....
Pillsburry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tested vs Jund 10 games.

1st oppo: 2-1 , was stuck on 2 lands game 1, the counters were to overwhelming in g2-3, mycoid + the PW's did the job.
2nd oppo: 2-0 , Both games I managed to protect scute mob and dealt lethal within 2 swings.
3rd oppo: 2-0 , He got mana screwed badly game 1, game 2 he brings in GSS, which doesn't affect me one bit, he tried to pulse but it failed. BSA sealed the deal.

4th oppo: 1-2 , He got 9 BBE, 5 Bit Blast, within 3 games, the cascade was to overwhelming. I managed to win a game where he got 5 cascade spells! Thats alot considering most builds run 7.

Overall: 7-3 for Skewt Mawb! xD

I will test vs Vampires,RDW and Boros and see the outcome.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1