Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clarion Amuletium Concept

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure I understand how you win, but I LOVE clarion with the amulet thing.

Valakut would be cool...I know thats reaching

Maritial Coup should be here too. Alternate win con.
loki3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hot idea. I'm curious to watch this.

Sphinx of Jwar Isle can be choosen, btw. It doesn't target him.
he would be a nice 2-4 of.
SJM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea but if they kill your 8 man lands you just lose? Is that the plan?

Deck needs a couple sphinxes to seal the deal. Many decks could simply kill all of your man lands and you'd almost certainly get decked first due to the nature of the deck.

Well, the martial coups work as a win condition. However, then there is the question of whether you can live long enough to cast martial coup for 5. Also, that's your only removal.....4 spells.

The manlands aren't good enough to hold the fort in this environment. I think you need more defense in the deck. Wall of denial.....probably.
magpiesmn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Timewarp? Reply with quote

Seems like timewarp would be great in the deck but idk how viaible it is.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garruk Wildspeaker.

He's a RAMP guy, and an alternate win condition as well. I'd suggest : - 2 explore, -1 Treasure Hunt, +3 Garruk. Or maybe another form of Ramp via Trace of Abundance? A Trace on Colonnade or Stirring Brush would be an untargetable 3/4 reacher or 4/4 flyer.

Also, wouldn't Courier's Capsule be a better alternative than Mindspring? Just a thought, you can Clarion a Capsule, but not a mindspring.
Regnar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play a good card drawing card not Treasue Hunt you have no Jace or halimar Depths this card will usualy be socery speed cycling in which the opponent sees what you got. Divination or ponder seem better.
kumagmd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying this out! I've only played fishbowl games, but DUDE, this is GREAT! Use more permanents, though. Rules say that you can stack triggered abilities for CIPT with the Amulet in play, so several amulets = more untap abilities on stack, just tap them after every untap trigger resolves = LOTS of mana. I tried putting in instant speed stuff for maximum effect of the CIPT (course, Clarion Ultimatum is your idea), and I tried replacing blue with red for Valakut, Comet Storm and Realmrazer. Will keep testing, thanks for the idea!
kumagmd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying this out! I've only played fishbowl games, but DUDE, this is GREAT! Use more permanents, though. Rules say that you can stack triggered abilities for CIPT with the Amulet in play, so several amulets = more untap abilities on stack, just tap them after every untap trigger resolves = LOTS of mana. I tried putting in instant speed stuff for maximum effect of the CIPT (course, Clarion Ultimatum is your idea), and I tried replacing blue with red for Valakut, Comet Storm and Realmrazer. Will keep testing, thanks for the idea!
SJM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Garruk is trash in this deck.

It's just a target for burn and maelstrom pulse.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1