Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

237 Ext Boros

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: 237 Ext Boros Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
14 [ALA] Plains (1)
9 [SHM] Mountain (2)

// Creatures
4 [LRW] Knight of Meadowgrain
4 [SHM] Kitchen Finks
4 [RAV] Skyknight Legionnaire
4 [ARB] Cerodon Yearling
4 [TSB] Soltari Priest

// Spells
4 [RAV] Lightning Helix
3 [FD] Magma Jet
3 [RAV] Char
4 [10E] Incinerate
3 [BOK] Umezawa's Jitte

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [SHM] Runed Halo
SB: 4 [8E] Story Circle
SB: 4 [SHM] Firespout
SB: 4 [M10] Shatter

This is the deck i have been running since the spring when 237 caught on. I was looking for some criticism on my build

Sideboard choices:

Runed Halo:Enduring Ideal
Story Circle: Most of these decks have 1 main color
Firespout:Aggro
Shatter: Jitte

thanks
Duodax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol@shatter when you can disenchant.
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomBring3r wrote:
Duodax wrote:
Lol@shatter when you can disenchant.

Yeah man, or you could even run that improved shatter that deals 3 dmg to the controller, can't recall the name.

And improve the manabase, add manlands.

And remove the crappy creatures (Legionnaire, Cerodon), and add the Boros Swiftblade which is vastly superior, and uh, Figure of Destiny.

And add Lightning Bolt.

And... play Naya which is kickass anyway.

if you don't understand the format, don't comment on it

non-basic lands are banned, only cards with cc of 2, 3 or 7 can be used.

boros swiftblade isn't very good imo. it would only be good if i jitted it

Doudax: You are right, i don;t know what i was thinking
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 Jitte has to be a mistake =/
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ik wrote:
3 Jitte has to be a mistake =/

2: i didn't draw it enough
4: i drew it too much
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can never draw it too much... What if you play vs a deck with 4 Jitte? You trade Jittes for a while then they have one and you dont...
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Boros Swiftblade
4 Heathfire Hobgoblin

Its not even the fact that they have double strike, its the fact that they have first strike as well

Skyknight Legionnaire is trumped by Heathfire Hobgoblin, which also prevents them from blocking, it eats up 4/4s...aka Plumeveil

Also I would find some room for Sword of Fire and Ice...extremely effective at making your creatures ridiculous

Firespout kills each of your creatures...You are willing to trade that badly?
Delicious

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, Boros Swiftblade just isn't that great

hearthfire hobgoblin is a good choice. I might put it up as a testing, the 2/2 double strike is real good, but the legionaire has flying, giving it the evasion

are you saying SFI over jitte or with jitte?
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creatures:
4-Figure of Destiny
4-Jotun Grunt
4-Soltari Priest
4-Knight of Meadowgrain

Artifacts:
3-Umezawa's Jitte

Instants:
4-Lightning Helix
4-Lightning Bolt
4-Magma Jet
4-Incinerate

That seems like a pretty basic starting list to me. If you like you can always add in tarmogoyf + seal of fire for a bit more of a burn package as well as a huge guy. If you do this you obviously cut grunts though. You definitely need some one drops for this deck though so it might benefit you to look into savannah lions or even elite vanguard but I believe figure is a perfect fit for this deck. Although to be perfectly honest this deck just seems a lot worse than naya zoo will be in the new extended simply just because all the creatures in that deck will outclass you so you may need to run path just to keep up. I mean the deck will look something like this.

Creatures:
4-Wild Nacatl
4-Kird Ape
4-Wooly Thoctar
4-Tarmogoyf

Instants:
4-Lightning Helix
4-Lightning Bolt
4-Path to Exile
4-Seal of Fire

And that is just a basic shell. As you can see all their creatures will easily race you and the only benefit you have is that they will most likely be taking more damage to their manabase than you.
HuDat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eldar wrote:
Creatures:
4-Figure of Destiny
4-Jotun Grunt
4-Soltari Priest
4-Knight of Meadowgrain

Artifacts:
3-Umezawa's Jitte

Instants:
4-Lightning Helix
4-Lightning Bolt
4-Magma Jet
4-Incinerate

That seems like a pretty basic starting list to me. If you like you can always add in tarmogoyf + seal of fire for a bit more of a burn package as well as a huge guy. If you do this you obviously cut grunts though. You definitely need some one drops for this deck though so it might benefit you to look into savannah lions or even elite vanguard but I believe figure is a perfect fit for this deck. Although to be perfectly honest this deck just seems a lot worse than naya zoo will be in the new extended simply just because all the creatures in that deck will outclass you so you may need to run path just to keep up. I mean the deck will look something like this.

Creatures:
4-Wild Nacatl
4-Kird Ape
4-Wooly Thoctar
4-Tarmogoyf

Instants:
4-Lightning Helix
4-Lightning Bolt
4-Path to Exile
4-Seal of Fire

And that is just a basic shell. As you can see all their creatures will easily race you and the only benefit you have is that they will most likely be taking more damage to their manabase than you.

NQFT..

Dude read the whole forum before posting.. it's 237 extended (You can only use cards that have a CMC of 2, 3, or 7.) That post probably took you 10 minutes to make.. and it's extremely useless =/
Delicious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HuDat wrote:
Eldar wrote:
Creatures:
4-Figure of Destiny
4-Jotun Grunt
4-Soltari Priest
4-Knight of Meadowgrain

Artifacts:
3-Umezawa's Jitte

Instants:
4-Lightning Helix
4-Lightning Bolt
4-Magma Jet
4-Incinerate

Creatures:
4-Wild Nacatl
4-Kird Ape
4-Wooly Thoctar
4-Tarmogoyf

Instants:
4-Lightning Helix
4-Lightning Bolt
4-Path to Exile
4-Seal of Fire

NQFT..

Dude read the whole forum before posting.. it's 237 extended (You can only use cards that have a CMC of 2, 3, or 7.) That post probably took you 10 minutes to make.. and it's extremely useless =/

I was about to start raging, but my thank goes to HuDat who setting this troll right
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1