Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MTG payout.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Hank333

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: MTG payout. Reply with quote

I have a little story to tell. I am a gamer. I love playing games, been playing MTG since revised(on and off) and have a few ptq top 8s and a rating of 1847.
I have recently started playing poker online and realized...
Magic sucks.

Not that its a bad game, but the payouts are shit.

I win a 18 man $5+.25 sit and go, win $35 dollars. Later that day i go to my local store, pay $15 and sweep the draft (3-0, 6-0) i get 4 packs($15 dollar value?)

It seems like in poker, the top %25-%35 earners will make money. In MTGO maybe the top %5 break even? MTG is just so damn expensive...

/end rant.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWS is free
Duodax

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Magic, you pay for the ideas and artworks for the cards mostly (and the package xD)
In poker, the fish pay you for their mistakes or fate desigantes you as the moneywinner.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference is the main point of poker is to make money, not so with mtg.
Huskie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic the gathering, we can gather and play this game, la da di da.
DragonKid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW poker players make more money then magic players. I NEVER KNEW THIS. I must go and learn this po-ker you speak of.

OF COURSE YOU MAKE MORE MONEY IN POKER. Its gambling. MTG is a trading card game.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SugarShark wrote:
be a gold farmer
100% chance to be in the money

lol, wtf....
two_eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTG pros who play poker agree that poker is much better for winning money, but MTG is much more fun.
rentintin3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its true I play poker almost all day long now. And then I come here and get my ass stomped by people who play magic all day long...

Btw the best money for low stakes play is at boats. Its free alcohol so its kind of an easy game. Buts lets keep it real if you always play against people at the exp lvl as you you wont make anymore than like 3x bb. So you really have to chase the bad players. I suggest you play at boats for a live game or get something like poker chrusher. It really does help. Like those programs are the bomb. Absolutly ups your expected amount for sure... Anyway happy hunting
apocchime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rentintin3 wrote:
Its true I play poker almost all day long now. And then I come here and get my ass stomped by people who play magic all day long...

Btw the best money for low stakes play is at boats. Its free alcohol so its kind of an easy game. Buts lets keep it real if you always play against people at the exp lvl as you you wont make anymore than like 3x bb. So you really have to chase the bad players. I suggest you play at boats for a live game or get something like poker chrusher. It really does help. Like those programs are the bomb. Absolutly ups your expected amount for sure... Anyway happy hunting

.... utterly confused Shocked
y0

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also gotta keep in mind that a single mtg card can me worth like $30+ a poker card will never me more than like 5 cents. Not that it really matters like 95% of mtg players most probably lost money playing the game. It's played for fun not money.
Jag4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poker is fun but Magic is a lot more complex and continues to be re-invented from time to time.

It also has big fat monsters in it too!
Hmmmmmm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pay 6 dollars to enter FNM every week, and always win at least 9-12 packs.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2