Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[M10] Spending the Monies

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Burton911

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are Uncommon Rolling Eyes
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said, "i realize none of the cards are all that important". Changing some shitty commons for flavour reason is A.O.K. by me. It's not like they made a functional reprint of Wrath of God and called it Wrath of Ajani. Hell, if they did, and they made it uncommon, I would STILL be happy with it, cause the only thing better than owning 4 wrath of Gods is owning 8.

Don't sweat the small stuff. This is clearly the most innovative and anticipated Core set in the history of magic, and the fact that I would actually like to buy at least 1 pack puts it light years ahead of any core set since Unlimited for me.

So yeah, maybe you should go sit in the corner and wallow in self pity like all the Mogg fanatic and Tribe Elder lovers, because the rest of the magic community seems really pumped by the other 90% of what M10 has to offer.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gogo Lightning Bolt!
TheGODehT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Mogg Fanatic fanboy, and I'm still super excited about this set... I think one major difference between Savannah Lions and Elite Vanguard is that Elite Vanguard fits the theme of Soldiers that is clearly present in M10. Savannah Lions would be out of place and significantly less powerful when looking at the synergies between it and other cards in M10... As for remove soul, I believe they just wanted to add a little to the story of the card. Also, maybe they are trying to balance blue so that it can be played more in extended.... Look at the recent Zoo decks that spam small creatures that get huge over time.... having 8 "remove soul"-like cards in a deck might be a way WotC sees balancing the extended gameplay....

Just some thoughts though, I could be completely wrong and they could just be doing it for money... I don't mind though, MTG kicks major ass so they can have all the money they want xD
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone can accuse WOTC of being greedy for any of the reasons listed so far in this thread. First off they reprinted the basic 5 planeswalkers, Pithing Needle, Bolt, Colossus and Bolt is in a Common slot, so huge. Then they function reprint Savannah Lions, which usually turn out to be a chase rare, in the uncommon slot. Then they function reprint Remove Soul in the commons slot, which is basically saying, hey we can't give you counterspell but here's 12 hard counters at 2 cmc in extended.
The only spot where they got a little greedy was the lands. I think that's the most bastardly part of T2 and they do it every time. Everyone needs these lands now for T2 and Extended and they have to be rare of course. If they really want to make the game more accessible to new players they should make it so that from now on new dual lands are uncommon or the lowest level of rarity (if they even still do that). There is nothing more frustrating for new players rolling up to FNM and playing someone who's land base is worth 3x as much as their whole deck.
Jacois

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with the "functional reprints" the set is still at least 75% new cards, it's obv the best core set ever.
coldBLT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go dallas cowboys.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic is a business.

Thats all there is to it. They want to make as much money as possible. The creation of Mythic rares, and expensive rare lands are to promote pack buying as well as keep the game in the corner of "Trading Card Game"

If the cost is really getting to you, play Legacy, a format which is moderately expensive, but has way way way more options and those options take forever to rotate out...Even extended can be really really pricey.

Of course, the day they start printing dual lands at uncommon value, I will be one happy man. Until then I play for free on MWS...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1