Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 color cascade

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed
quicks1lver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: 5 color cascade Reply with quote

This deck has not yet lost a match in testing. I'd love to be able to play in the trials, but for those of us with 9-5's (i'm usually in surgery at this time) it's nearly impossible to ever get in on a tournament :/

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [ALA] Arcane Sanctum
3 [ALA] Seaside Citadel
4 [ALA] Savage Lands
4 [ALA] Jungle Shrine
3 [CFX] Exotic Orchard
4 [ALA] Crumbling Necropolis
1 [BD] Forest (3)
1 [MI] Swamp (4)
1 [TSP] Mountain (4)

// Creatures
4 [ARB] Bloodbraid Elf
3 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
4 [ALA] Elvish Visionary
2 [ALA] Broodmate Dragon

// Spells
3 [ARB] Bituminous Blast
4 [ARB] Captured Sunlight
2 [ALA] Naya Charm
3 [ALA] Cruel Ultimatum
2 [ARB] Maelstrom Pulse
4 [ALA] Esper Charm
2 [CFX] Martial Coup
2 [CFX] Volcanic Fallout
2 [CFX] Path to Exile

no SB yet. The main deck has done very well so far. can't wait to try it.
Super_Prep

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sexy deck seems solid Rolling Eyes , but likewise, but allow me to give you some ideas though. Your deck seems fine, as far as any deck list, I wouldn't have picked anything else for a day at a tournament. But first let me say this, I've never sat down and fixed a block deck for a trial before, but I've built a deck in a block tourney at the local city sealed event, and won it pretty badly. Anyways, Elvish Visionary seems pretty decent, But what I would do is take them all out, and put another Broodmate Dragon in, and add Enigma Sphinx a Cascade Giant, and then add a double negate or two to the main deck. However if not the main deck place 4 copies to the sideboard its the best blue counter spell you got, Cryptic Command can't help you out here, he's busy in T2... Of course it seems like the creature base is small, but try adding putrid leech, and then on top of that, if you find your self being bashed on the head by creatures then you know what to do. If your getting bashed by powerful spells and the gayest dude around (Nicol Bolas) then just main deck Double Negative, and tell them No, and Twice their done. In addition, your spells set-up is perfect. Your mana-base is decent, and I would suggest that you try Rupture Spire, But if its too much then your mana-base as it is seems to be fine, no real problems there. I would concentrate on the creatures and make sure your packing punch outside of Ultimatums, now beware of the Tyrant of Jund, because he can put a stop to the almighty Broodmate Dragon, and cause chaos. Some good cards considerably are (Reborn Hope, and Sphinx of the Steel Wind).

Your sideboard for that matter should contain:
(15)
4 Anathemancer
3 Celestial Purge
3 Countersquall
2 Volcanic Fallout
2 Thought Hemorrhage
1 Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund

There you go baby, it should work like a charm. Wink
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was a "like" button for this deck, I would press it.

Nicely done
HuDat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh this deck is 62 cards, other than that, pretty good
Egnirys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 60 cards, remove a Cruel Ultimatum and maybe a Captured sunlight or an Esper Charm
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Shards of Alara constructed All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1