Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regionals Metagame

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Aion

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:48 am    Post subject: Regionals Metagame Reply with quote

I wanted to know some decent players opinions of what you think regionals metagame will be.

I was thinking most % at top least at bottom.

Blightning
BW token
5 cc
Lark (uw and uwb)
Kithkin
Faeries

Let me know what you think and why.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there will be some GB Rock deck (Elves or Doran with w)

Boat Brew near 5cc/Lark

Also Dark Bant on the bottom of your list.
Trizzy60

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

b/w
5cc
r/w - Bloodbraid blightning
jundramp - Fae
Other
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BW aggro
RW cruise control/boat brew
GW little kid
UW control
UB faeries
RB blightning
Jund blightning/Bloodbraid blightning
Jund ramp
Doran rock
BG Elves
5cc control/blue emphasis
5cc control/other emphasis/xcc
Kithkin
WWr kithkin
UR Swans
Naya aggro
Esper Lark
All In Green
Dark Bant
UW lark

All of which works, some very good, some good, some okay. But you can see all of them in a big tournament. And there can be others as well, which can be bad overall but beat YOUR ass. For instance dedicated cascade builds as someone experimented with here on m-l. And then you meet this evil guy playing fog just to be nasty Sad

The morale is: play good. All day. And use good cards. That helps.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, you must play good all day no matter what you face, and know how to defeat it. You will come up against random rogue decks from time to time, and usually whoever is piloting the rogue deck, has been testing it under the radar for quite some time and he knows what he's doing. It's easy to test a rogue deck b/c you know the majority of the metagame decks you're playing against. When dralnu, fires and ghazi-glare were the top decks at the time, I took mono-green to regionals, along with a friend, in which we had been testing it for a few weeks. He went on to top 8, and I got screwed last round or else I would have top 8'd as well, and out of enough players to make 8 rounds (i forgot numbers for swiss rounds) we were 2 of the only 3 players playing it, and the other guy's version was completely different and bad (i beat him round 6) so... take whatever deck you are most comfortable playing, make sure your sideboard is correct, to fit your bad matchups + meta calls, and get plenty of rest the day before
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1