Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ala Ala Cfx Swiss #1

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh... I disagree with some of your early picks (like im not a big fan of Sigiled Paladin) but some of your Conflux picks seem really wrong...

Here are a couple examples ...

P3P1: I woulda gone with the Gleam...
P3P3: SHARD CONVERGENCE!!
hs_3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ik wrote:

P3P3: SHARD CONVERGENCE!!

in an aggressive deck? over manaforce mace??? no...
Alvaro21k

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have picked Akrasan Squire over Paladin anyday, and also, I think you should have taken the ultimatum
dv8r

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have time to do a draft walkthrough....

p1p1
say what your thinking/logic is for taking o-ring over naya charm, it's a fine pick, but it makes it a lot easier for me to comment on the rest of your draft (obvious things like: 3 colours vs 1 will NOT suffice)

p1p3
Deft Deulist, Bone Splinters and Esper Charm are all picks I would make over panorama. you rarely want to splash green or blue as they are both so light on removal, so unless you intend to go bant (worst shard probably, even worse with reckless charge and persistant kathari in pack 3), the panorama isn't particularly useful

p1p5
it's also better than the aven, and you look like an agressive deck

p1p6
judgement call, wouldn't criticize either of the two

p1p11
this was very lucky, and a very strong signal

p2p1
in your agressive base gw deck, too many splashes is a bad thing, in a draft that mattered (say a ptq t8, I'd be very tempted by ambusher). that said, it's money, and the clear pick here

p2p2
it costs 7, and you know you are splashing red already in a very aggressive GWx(x) deck, I would def. take ultimatum here. Jungle Weaver is a fine, if unexciting pick. This pick also helps me understand your p1p1 logic.

p2p8
this is basically a bomb in your deck

p2p10
yeah, lets not dwell on this pick (obelisk is the right one)

p3p1
I would take spire without a second though, you're a 4 colour deck (sometimes fixing one colour just isn't going to get it done). I guess gleam does get your mountain for the two nactls though

p3p2
2 nacatl and 2 sigiled paladin suggest gw base, making visions a much worse fixer, take the might of alara or trailblazer

p3p3
exactly what the heavy 2 drop deck demands

p3p4
you really want the might of alara, but I guess I can sort of understand this pick

p3p5
that's awfully late....

p3p6
I'm a very big fan of cards like skyward eye prophets in aggressive decks to give you a good late game oomph

p3p7
ummm, what? that should NEVER happen

p3p8
3/3 flyer for 5 isn't efficient? and shroud is very relevant in a format full of removal. this pick is wrong

p3p9
arguably best green common, should never go 9th

p3p10
you're more likely to play wandering goblins
asamodious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol shard convergence is horrible. It does nothing really unless youre stuck on 4 lands and have nothing but huge drops in your hand.

This is great example of where manaforce mace is at its best.

p3p8 shouldve been mystics. Its ability has defiantly won me a few games.
MikeL123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take the Titanic Ultimatum, go GWr and don't look back.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1