Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RDW

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Delicious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: RDW Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
19 [10E] Mountain (2)
4 [10E] Ghitu Encampment

// Creatures
4 [ALA] Hell's Thunder
4 [SHM] Boggart Ram-Gang
3 [EVE] Stigma Lasher
4 [EVE] Figure of Destiny
3 [SHM] Demigod of Revenge
4 [10E] Mogg Fanatic

// Spells
4 [SHM] Flame Javelin
3 [10E] Incinerate
3 [ALA] Magma Spray
2 [LRW] Wild Ricochet
3 [EVE] Puncture Blast

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [10E] Pyroclasm
SB: 2 [SHM] Vexing Shusher
SB: 3 [10E] Manabarbs
SB: 3 [SHM] Everlasting Torment
SB: 4 [SHM] Guttural Response

this is my version of RDW. i have 2 main deck Ricochet because it helps with some of the instants and sorcerys mainly played (makeshift/cryptic/charms) so it's a good call for MD in this meta
varno345

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demigod is an auto 4 of, but besides that why not put black in here for blightning and other hand disruption trickeries?
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because Wilt-Leaf Liege > Blightning!
Dracon_ian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- 2 wild ricochet and +1 demigod and +1 stigma lasher.

Demigod needs to be a 4-of to be at potential, and stigma lasher really is your best friend for this deck. Wild ricochet requires you to hold mana open, and is also very dependant on what your oppanant plays.
Tonya

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracon_ian wrote:
- 2 wild ricochet and +1 demigod and +1 stigma lasher.

Demigod needs to be a 4-of to be at potential, and stigma lasher really is your best friend for this deck. Wild ricochet requires you to hold mana open, and is also very dependant on what your oppanant plays.

Stigma Lasher is actually extremely subpar. The deck just sort of needs a 2 drop to fill the slot since Blood Knight rotated out. If you have any idea how the deck plays, it generally feels bad to ever have a Stigma Lasher. It is a bad creature, it doesn't fit with a first turn Figure of Destiny, and it's just all around not good.
DaveK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except when you actually hit somebody sporting rhox monk/primal command/finks/any other lifegain in his deck
Dracon_ian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonya; Shut up. Stigma lasher is a unremovable everlasting torment if it hits. Almost all T2 decks contain life-gain these days, getting stigma lasher to hit makes life soo much easier.
Madstrike

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracon_ian wrote:
Tonya; Shut up. Stigma lasher is a unremovable everlasting torment if it hits. Almost all T2 decks contain life-gain these days, getting stigma lasher to hit makes life soo much easier.

you are right stigma lasher is needed because rdw doesnt have any other options, but Ill tell you one thing, once conflux is legal u wont see anymore lashers maindeck.
Dracon_ian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madstrike wrote:
Ill tell you one thing, once conflux is legal u wont see anymore lashers maindeck.

I don't know enough about conflux to make those sorts of statements, I'll just wait and see what happens.
Tonya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dracon_ian wrote:

First off, I can say whatever the hell I feel like saying douche. Second, you're 100% wrong. The only reason it is in the deck is to fill the gap that Blood Knight left. It is not a good card, and rarely will it ever be effective. Trust me, as soon as anything remotely better comes around it will be replaced.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonya wrote:
Dracon_ian wrote:

First off, I can say whatever the hell I feel like saying douche. Second, you're 100% wrong. The only reason it is in the deck is to fill the gap that Blood Knight left. It is not a good card, and rarely will it ever be effective. Trust me, as soon as anything remotely better comes around it will be replaced.

Yes Stigma Lasher is currently the best 2cc drop in mono red aggro.

And yes it is not a very good card by today's standard.

3 years ago, any magic player would cut off a finger for one, though. It is a bit sad, this power creep problem...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1