Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Momir Basic

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Are you intered in having Momir Basic on Magic-League?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Momir Basic Reply with quote

Ok, I have an idea to try and implement a custom version of Momir Basic here on magic-league.

For those who do not know what Mormir Basic is, it is a format on Magic Online, based on an Avatar of Momir Vig. The avatar has the following ability:

X, discard a card: put a token into play as a copy of a random creature card with converted manacost X. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery and only once each turn.

The deck consist of 60 basic lands, and Momir Vig.

Now, the idea here is to keep a list of X creatures for each converted manacost, numbered. And when playing on mws, roll a die, check that list, and put a token that's a copy of that creature.

Now, there are things to work here, like how many creatures to include in each cmc and wich ones, wich can be established later on, but I believe it is possible.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it actually be played on MWS, using some ML software to generate the creature?
DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. The current idea is having some sort of list, with numbered creatures, separated by cmc. On mws, when you wanted to use momir ability, you roll a die and then check that list looking for the creature with that number in the manacost you payed. You then create a token copy of that creature.
ringman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u have to remenber there is more than 1 creature with each cmc and in mtgo the chosen card is random.so u will roll another dice to see wich of those creatures with the same cmc u put into play?seems to take ages to play that and more dice play than magic play imo Confused Crying or Very sad
DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll only roll once die everytime you put a token. cmc is something you gotta pay.

And yes, perhaps there will be slow games, but it can be fixed or we could have longer rounds.
Socks3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use javascript. Create a gatherer call for creatures with CMC x, find the Xth one, and copy it to the clip board.*

Of course, making tokens of the creatures would take forever. Perhaps a call to MWS to add it to in play? Can we even do external calls to MWS?

* Don't know if that actually works.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could make a token with the name and p/t and the rest the players could look at any site.
Socks3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my point on time.

I just don't think it's possible, with the software. If a proficient programmer wanted to write a piece of software to play out the games, I'll use it, and I'll be happy with it. I just don't think it can happen without new software.
Verystrait42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for this idea.
DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TugaChampion wrote:
You could make a token with the name and p/t and the rest the players could look at any site.

Yes, this is most likely how it's gonna be done. A lot creatures have lots of wording, so either you're a persong with fast typing, or could leave the rule box blank. Another way could be using a short version. like "T: 1 damage to creature or player" or using ~ instead of the card name.

As for using external software, that could be great. Unfortunately, I lack the programming knowledge to do that. And let alone to see if it is possbile on mws. Now, OPT, that's perhaps another story.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1