Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reanimator or well kinda in t2

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
magicbmx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reanimator or well kinda in t2 Reply with quote

Yes u are reading this right. After states was well worse then having to deal with my whole family for some stupid holiday. I decided to try something kinda out there and odd. I am calling it kelpie rean because i use kelpie and the black guy with unearth that puts guys in my yard. i know it might not look good now but this is a rough draft with a few games in so i am slowly working on this so help is always good

// Lands
2 [SHM] Swamp (4)
3 [ALA] Island (1)
4 [10E] Underground River
4 [LRW] Vivid Creek
4 [LRW] Vivid Marsh
4 [SHM] Sunken Ruins
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool

// Creatures
1 [SHM] Grim Poppet
1 [ALA] Broodmate Dragon
4 [ALA] Corpse Connoisseur
3 [SHM] River Kelpie
1 [ALA] Empyrial Archangel
1 [ALA] Hellkite Overlord
3 [ALA] Kederekt Leviathan
3 [LRW] Oona's Prowler

// Spells
2 [10E] Beacon of Unrest
4 [LRW] Makeshift Mannequin
4 [10E] Mind Stone
3 [LRW] Nameless Inversion
1 [EVE] Raven's Crime
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ALA] Caldera Hellion
SB: 1 [SHM] Oona, Queen of the Fae
SB: 4 [ALA] Infest
SB: 1 [EVE] Raven's Crime
SB: 4 [LRW] Thoughtseize
SB: 3 [ALA] Naturalize
SB: 1 [10E] Platinum Angel

As u can see the base is set up just incase bad hands or late game odditys happen lol. I am running 25 land but idk if i want to go down to 24 but then what do i put in that slot.

Also the board is up in the air. The hellion is a target i bring in for aggro with the infest. Oona is well the control fun. Not sure on the second crime seeing i have 1 main the naturlizes even though i have 12 lands the vivids and pools that can cast it and the angel. more the angel and crime then the naturlize i think i want them to stay lol.
magicbmx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL wow i kinda forgot this deck cant always handle red so the angel crime and an infest are now dragons claws. In this deck i can handle them or should i go bottle gnomes let me know on that as well
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, Corpse Connoisseur costs 5 mana and can be played by turn 4 the earliest in your deck. You should really be reanimating stuff by then.

You need Merfolk Looter and Sift. That lets you dig deeper into your library as well as put stuff in your graveyard.

And you need 4 Prowler.

You need to decide which creature is the best to get reanimated, and stick with that one and maybe one other. Having lots of 1-ofs is useless even with Connoisseur, because you will always pick the best one anyways.

3 Broodmate Dragon, 3 Hellkite Overlord - for instance.

Skip the Leviathans, skip the Poppets, and probably Kelpie as well. There is too much going on. Either make a Kelpie deck, or a Reanimation deck. There is not enough space in a deck for both.

1 Raven's Crime is useless. It is better running the fourth Prowler.
bagina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went 2-1 in a trial the other day with this build

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [LOR] Vivid Creek
4 [LOR] Vivid Marsh
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
3 [LOR] Shimmering Grotto
3 [SHM] Sunken Ruins
3 [EVE] Fetid Heath
3 [SHM] Mystic Gate

// Creatures
4 [10E] Merfolk Looter
4 [LOR] Mulldrifter
4 [LOR] Shriekmaw
2 [EVE] Glen Elendra Archmage
4 [ALA] Empyrial Archangel
2 [ALA] Hellkite Overlord

// Spells
4 [10E] Wrath of God
4 [10E] Sift
4 [10E] Beacon of Unrest
4 [LOR] Makeshift Mannequin

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [MOR] Negate
SB: 4 [10E] Condemn
SB: 3 [SHM] Memory Plunder
SB: 1 [10E] Loxodon Warhammer
varno345

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reya Dawnbringer and reveillark = good reanimator targets.
magicbmx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know ok the crime and now there are 4 prowlers. I played reanimator in the hayday for it for t2 during odd and well more then 1 target is just fine. It gives u situations where everything is very good. The lev isnt as bad as u think trust me on this. I kinda forgot about looter lol. I will tweak it some and post a new list soon. Also i dont like 4ofs of targets its really stupid that is why i am playing to corpse so i can still get things that i want. Trust me this is reanimator not i need them in my hand to play.
magicbmx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done some testing ok and arch is good but so is the lev thing. Trust me against aggro its funny to makeshift this thing and watch a big swing go to waste lol. Also now i am playing sift and looter and they are better just last night i built it at 4 am so ya lol. Also right now command isnt that bad in here i wont lie. Though i have thought about 2 profanes but idk on that. Here is the newiest list for the deck

// Lands
4 [LRW] Vivid Creek
4 [LRW] Vivid Marsh
4 [SHM] Sunken Ruins
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
4 [10E] Underground River
2 [SHM] Swamp (4)
2 [ALA] Island (1)

// Creatures
2 [ALA] Broodmate Dragon
3 [ALA] Empyrial Archangel
2 [ALA] Hellkite Overlord
3 [ALA] Kederekt Leviathan
4 [10E] Merfolk Looter
4 [LRW] Mulldrifter

// Spells
4 [LRW] Makeshift Mannequin
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
3 [10E] Beacon of Unrest
4 [ALA] Agony Warp
3 [10E] Sift

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [LRW] Thoughtseize
SB: 1 [ALA] Caldera Hellion
SB: 1 [SHM] Oona, Queen of the Fae
SB: 3 [ALA] Infest
SB: 3 [10E] Dragon's Claw
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would you rather have a Leviathan or an Archangel? Broodmate Dragon or Overlord?

There is one answer, and it is not "depends on the board situation". One creature is the best creature to reanimate, and that is the one you should reanimate every time. It is the one that wins you the game unless the board is wrathed.

That creature is Akroma, Angel of Wrath and she is in Standard no longer.

But in Standard, one creature is still the best to reanimate, and yes you need to be able to discard it and just cast the reanimation spell so you need multiple copies of that best creature. Having one of each is bad because you need to cast Connoisseur first, in order to get it.... and in 99% of such instances you will get the same creature.

The whole point of a reanimation deck is to get a creature that cost 7-8 mana into play turn 3-4. If that creature comes into play turn 6-8 you could as well just play some mana acceleration and hardcast it... You are racing the opponent with a powerful creature at a stage of the game where it has no business entering play, and the whole deck needs to be designed to do that and only that for this to work.

Get the creatures into the graveyard before you cast the reanimation spell. That is what reanimator do. It is not a trixy toolbox.
magicbmx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow did u not see the new list ved i guess u didnt. Also i am not totally sold on broodmate just yet. Look at the list ved next time ok or well i might not listen because there is a brand new list ok and as i said i built it early but sift and looter are better ok.
varno345

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will post my list that is doing decently in testing so far tomorrow.
magicbmx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the games since even just the few i have played with the deck how it is now its smoother and well the creature choices are fine. The board is kinda in the air but i can work on that when i get to that point. I wont lie i really do like the commands in here to deal with certain things and the such. Other then that right now nothing much i see but time will tell and i always like help.

Also its really looking like i can handle normal aggro but rdw is just a huge pain just like red was back in the day for this deck. IDK any thoughts on what i can do for that matchup and to help the deck become better as a whole
varno345

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

story circle in the sideboard can and will destroy RDW.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I didn't see the second post, we posted at the exact same time lol

Broodmate Dragon is best when hardcast first, being dealt with, then reanimated. The card advantage is very good.

The deck looks a lot better now. A lot more consistent.
magicbmx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it draws alot better now but red is just a pain in the ass lol. Just idk broodmate is good but i always rather get arch or hellkite with becon and if a levation is in yard against aggro or god the BRg token decks he is really good against to if u makeshift him lol
varno345

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here is my decklist and yes i know it needs alot of work put into it but it's been doing ok against most decks:
Lands
3 mystic gate
4 vivid creek
4 vivid meadow
4 reflecting pool
3 sunken ruins
3 island
2 flooded grove
creatures
3 battlegrace angel
3 empyrial archangel
2 hellkite overlord
2 woodfall primus
3 reya dawnbringer
4 merfolk looter
4 mulldrifter
1 oona
1 realm razor
spells
3 beacon of unrest
3 sift
4 wrath of god
4 makeshift mannequin
Sideboard
1 woodfall primus
2 cloudthresher
3 wispmare
1 loxodon warhammer
4 condemn
4 negate

Im considering putting in 4 fertile grounds to ramp my mana up so that i might be able to play some of my creatures instead of just say "oo i can reanimate this guy, then kill stuff then it dies and i reanimate it again" i guess i want a more proactive reanimator build.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3