Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boogey, bridge from below

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Bad_Karma20

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Boogey, bridge from below Reply with quote

I do apologize if this has been answered before and the length o f the question, but in order for me to collect it all I must paint a picture. I was playing my friend the other day with a dredge deck and this situation had occurred, twice to boot. I had in my graveyard 2 bridge from below, 1 ichorid, 1 dread return, and an assortment of other cards; in play I had 3 creatures. I was attempting to sacrifice my 3 creatures for the ichorid and my lovely little tokens. In response though, my friend had then sacrificed his Tormod's Crypt. Now this is the part that gets me though, seeing how that the mana cost or flashback cost of the Dread return is the creatures and I already had the 2 bridge from below in my graveyard. Would I get either/all/or none of the tokens or the ichorid? Because from what was being said, since sacrificing is a step on its own and can be responded to I would none of the above and be sol of the 3 creatures also. So my question is a bit hard to directly ask...either that or I make it all extremely too complicated and need to drink a beer. In any effort, I am just trying to get a better understand of the triggered abilities, single actions, and priority, so that I won't have to have a nice uncomfortable drive home. Thank you.
Distance

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lose all your stuff. Dread Return's ability is on the stack after the cost is paid, then the crypt removes your grave, then you cry
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dread Return doesn't have an ability that goes on the stack. Dread Return (as a spell) goes on the stack.

In response to the spell (before you can get any tokens or Dread Return returns a creature from the graveyard) he can use Tormod's Crypt and everything in your graveyard is removed from the game.

You don't get any tokens (since Bridge from Below only makes tokens if it's in the graveyard), nor is the target of Dread Return put into play.

Last edited by Hardtrack on Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
stone_d
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardtrack wrote:
Dread Return doesn't have an ability that goes on the stack. Dread Return (as a spell) goes on the stack.

In response to the spell (before you can get any tokens or Dread Return returns a creature from the graveyard) he can use Tormod's Crypt and everything in your graveyard is removed from the game.

You don't get any tokens (since Bridge from Below only makes tokens if it's in the graveyard), nor is the target of Dread Return put into play.

The only card in your graveyard after all this will be the Dread Return, which was countered for having an illegal target.

If a spell has been flashbacked and gets countered it's still removed i tought.
Tink903

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he cannot respond to you saccing the creatures as it is part of the cost fo the spell...you will get your tokens but then ichorid and all your yard will be removed
rdeg87

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
he cannot respond to you saccing the creatures as it is part of the cost fo the spell...you will get your tokens but then ichorid and all your yard will be removed

Dont answer something that has already been answered. Especially when you are going to answer it wrong, It makes you look very, very foolish.

The reason why you dont get the zombies (which was already explained by Hardtrack {a very reliable source} is the fact that the Bridge triggers wont resolve because the bridges are no longer in your graveyard. I suggest you read Bridge from Below
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stone_d wrote:
If a spell has been flashbacked and gets countered it's still removed i tought.

You are right of course. My bad. Adjusted.

But just to be sure, you don't get tokens. Bridge from Below has an intervening if clause (if Bridge from Below is in your graveyard) which is rechecked when the ability resolves. Since the Bridge is not in the graveyard the triggers won't do anything.
Tink903

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well then im sorry but the theres no need for insults...i lost a ptq game because of the ruling i just gave so that tells you about the judges for wizards....sorry for the confusion
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1