Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shards of Alara Draft Strategies

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
Omnom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Shards of Alara Draft Strategies Reply with quote

Are there any Alara draft strategies and possible combos in draft? Shocked
OldBear

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The consensus stratergy amoung the top players it to try and stick too two colours for as long as possible only splashing for really poweful cards. Most people have quickly worked out that the 5cc control decks is a terrible stratergy, which needs alot more to go right for it to win and even if all this does go right its not a given just because they are 5 colours that there deck is going to outclass the opponents in terms of card quality.

Most the stratergiesare obvious like exalted decks in some comnination of ugw mostly. My persoanl favourite stratergy is rb aggro with an aggresive curve a good suite of removal. Also some times you get the unearth deck when looking to go with stratergy, with lots of draggers corpse conniseur and all star you can pick very highly if you have enough unearth and the devils in red also. Bone splinters also becomes a fine first pick in an unearth deck I have a draft Im probably going to put up very soon where i go this route to great sucess, so look out for it.
Hank333

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naya is not too bad. I have gone GWr a few times, and the most success with it. It has good accelleration and the best high end creatures.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1