Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elf deck?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
faiz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Elf deck? Reply with quote

Does anyone have a good elf deck? i really want one but cant find any lists THANKS! Very Happy
lennin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to scg
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

decks that win by amount of creatures won't succeed in Constructed.
OldBear

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cause goblins has never suceeded in constructed right?
faiz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: what are u talking about Reply with quote

ved.... i didn't ask wither or not its going to work i asked if anyone has a list can u just not reply if your just going to do that?
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Elf deck? Reply with quote

faiz wrote:
Does anyone have a good elf deck? i really want one but cant find any lists THANKS! Very Happy

... and I said no

Tribes won't be _good_ until all three Lorwyn sets are released.
Spyx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.starcitygames.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=304600
Noremac
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Ved, there are only two lorwyn sets. We've already seen one. Your ignorance and trolling becomes more and more apparent with each post
faiz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

thank u for proving ved wrong lorwyn is a really good set and yes tribal decks are going to be REALLY good when the other sets come out but there still good now
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, didn't know Lorwyn block would have only two sets. In any case, my point is still valid.

How is what I said "trolling"? Trolling is intentionally upsetting someone, flaming and off-topic discussions. I did no such thing.
Thorns

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you just try and put up your own list? First, decide if you want mono green or green/black and then look at your options. You got Imperious Perfect and Elvish Champion as good backbones, then you can play Llanowar Elves for acceleration. Jagged-star Archers are extremely good beaters, I also like Allosaurus Rider for this purpose. Just play around with lists and test test test, I'm sure you'll find something. Good luck.
Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best Elf Deck right now is at this forum: http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=935628
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok to be a little more constructive, if I were to build an elf-deck, it would have some of the strengths of MGA; namely pump. This is an example:

4 Llanowar Elves
4 Boreal Druid
2 Skyshroud Ranger
4 Wren's Run Vanquisher
4 Imperious Perfect
3 Elvish Harbinger
2 Elvish Champion
3 Masked Admirers
1 Wren's Run Packmaster

2 Loxodon Warhammer
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
4 Might of Old Krosa
3 Stonewood Invocation

4 Gilt-Leaf Palace
4 Llanowar Wastes
2 Pendelhaven
11 Forest

SB
4 Thoughtseize
4 Nameless Inversion
2 Prowess of the Fair
2 Loxodon Warhammer
3 Krosan Grip

In other words: much the same as all the others, except with Might of Old Krosa and Stonewood Invocation.

As I said before, winning with superior numbers - relying on Overrun, Coat of Arms etc ftw, is nice in the mid-late game, but these guys are better off finishing the game before that.

Another option is to go entirely monogreen, add Troll Ascetic, and use Blanchwood Armor.
FR33BALLA247

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vedrfolner wrote:

out of all the ignorant posts and comments i have read in every single magic forum, this is the absolute worst.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FR33BALLA247 wrote:
Vedrfolner wrote:

out of all the ignorant posts and comments i have read in every single magic forum, this is the absolute worst.

Any amazing Sprout Swarm decks running rampant in States now? Lys -Alana Huntmaster ftw? Militia's Pride will save the day for Kithkin decks, along with Cenn's Heir? Relying on Jagged-Scar Archer and Coat of Arms for the combat prowess of your deck? Overrun to break creature stallouts?

No?

Goblin Biddings was good among other things, I would say mainly, because the little pests came back and back, not because it produced massive amounts of creatures.

Basically, if you plan to have more than two-three creatures in play at any time, you are overextending for mass sweepers. The reason I said what I said, was that many Elves decks try to use the overwhelm strategy in order to win - this will fail because creatures dies. They always do. Jaya Ballard and Magus of the Scroll are not used for the exact same reason.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2