Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mutavault and mirrorweave.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Kurtkeoki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Mutavault and mirrorweave. Reply with quote

Lets say I'm attacking with 5 guys, one of them being a Mutavault. My opponent mirrorweaves my Mutavault. He claims that all my other creatures become unactivated Mutavaults and therefore they aren't attacking any longer. Is this true, or do all my guys become 2/2 changlings?
Krastino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, lol Very Happy
stone_d
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true when u copy something u copy the printed value. (The actual card)
Circa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is taking their J1 test =/
Kurtkeoki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noxious770 wrote:
Remember you can still reactivate the new mutavaults and still attack with your two twos... this can also be used against, cryptic command, they go to tap your team, you make them into lands let command resolve then activate and swing with your new man-lands

Can I still activate my guys and have them attack if they are all ready tapped as attackers? The situation that came up was, I attacked, after blockers he cast mirrorweave on Mutavault.
TugaChampion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if attackers were already declared it doesn't even matter if they are tapped or not. Even if you activate them you can't declare attackers again.
mtgsoldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: and Reply with quote

and i have a question.
i have already my creatures tapped and attaking, they cast mirrorweave on mutavault. So, the creatures are now nonactivated mutavaults but ataking. if i pai teh cost to activate they deal damage? or they have to be paid before ataking? if so is estupid althoug broken
ACM
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you declare some creatures as attackers, and then an activated mutavault is mirrorweaved, all creatures become unactivated mutavaults (which are not creatures), and as the rules states, an attacking creature that stops being a creature is removed from combat.
If you later activate those mutavaults, they will have been removed from comabt for not being creatures, and wont be attacking any more, and since attackers would already have been declared, you cannot go back to the declare attackers step to attack with them again.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1