Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with my UB rogues

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ajvanadri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Need help with my UB rogues Reply with quote

Well, I decided to try and build a deck taht would survive rotation, dont know if this one will do it, but its been alot of fun to play and has been winning more then a few games.

// Lands
2 [RAV] Island (2)
3 [SHM] Swamp (2)
4 [SHM] Sunken Ruins
4 [LRW] Secluded Glen
4 [MOR] Mutavault
4 [5E] Underground River

// Creatures
3 [SHM] Sygg, River Cutthroat
4 [MOR] Prickly Boggart
4 [LRW] Pestermite
4 [SHM] Inkfathom Infiltrator
3 [LRW] Oona's Prowler
4 [MOR] Oona's Blackguard
3 [SHM] Murderous Redcap

// Spells
3 [MOR] Cloak and Dagger
3 [LRW] Ponder
4 [MOR] Morsel Theft
4 [LRW] Nameless Inversion

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [MOR] Noggin Whack
SB: 4 [SHM] Faerie Macabre
SB: 4 [MOR] Bitterblossom
SB: 4 [LRW] Shriekmaw

The Murderous Redcap slot is the only one Im not sure about.

Im looking for a 4 or 5 mana card that can either 3 for 1, change the game state enough to allow me to win that turn, or give me 4-6 points of reach without going into TS or CS for cards.

Any help would be appreciated
Krastino

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demigod of Revenge could be a good choice, but I think it's too expensive. Whata about Erwing Squad?
ajvanadri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right in that demigod is not a good choice with 6 lands that cant produce mana for it Im not sure if I could cast it consistantly on 5 land, and with runnining only 21 land its not often I'll have more then 5 land in the late game.

I thought about earwig squad, but by the time I can cast it, Im generaly looking to win the game within the next 2 turns (unless I prowl it in, then its just a 5/3 with out evasion, which doesnt really help the deck)
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajvanadri wrote:

I thought about earwig squad, but by the time I can cast it, Im generaly looking to win the game within the next 2 turns (unless I prowl it in, then its just a 5/3 with out evasion, which doesnt really help the deck)

I thought the whole thing behind Rogue was to prowl the stuff in for cheaper costs. And it may not have evasion, but it removes 3x wrath of god from your opponents deck.
[R]Nchamay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using the stinkdrinker guy. He pumps up all ur guys that cant be blocked.
ajvanadri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinkdrinker bandit is perfect, I dont know how I over looked him before thx for the help
floreskiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with my UB rogues Reply with quote

Im looking for a 4 or 5 mana card that can either 3 for 1, change the game state enough to allow me to win that turn, or give me 4-6 points of reach without going into TS or CS for cards.

How about... Cryptic Command...?
ajvanadri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with my UB rogues Reply with quote

floreskiller wrote:

How about... Cryptic Command...?

I thought about it, but I wasnt sure if it would be enough for my deck to just straight out win
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are basically racing the opponent in every matchup. There is no defense in that deck. Therefore, I wonder how Sygg, Blackguard, Murderous redcap and Nameless Inversion are actually helping your game-plan.

Sygg is sometimes drawing you 1 card extra at the end of your turn but other than that it just sits there.

Blackguard lets all the creatures you play turn 3 and onwards become a little bit bigger and may help disrupting the opponent's hand. This is in other words not a creature that does anything until turn 4 the earliest. It is very slow and shouldn't be played in a deck like this.

Redcap may kill a creature or deal 2 damage to an opponent, then block. It is not useful for your game-plan.

Nameless Inversion kills a creature. That is of course helpful in general, but in this deck only if you fail at being the fastest deck. From experience I can tell you that no amount of creature kill will ever be sufficient if you fall behind in the damage dealing department.

4 Prickly Boggart
2 Nightshade Stinger
4 Oona's Prowler
4 Inkfathom Infiltrator
4 Pestermite
2 Latchkey Faerie
4 Stinkdrinker Bandit
4 Mistbind Clique

4 Morsel Theft
3 Profane Command
2 Notorious Throng

4 Mutavault
4 Secluded Glen
2 Sunken Ruins
4 Underground River
2 Island
7 Swamp

Cut everything that is not aiding your race ftw.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1