Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shards Sealed

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
Hank333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Shards Sealed Reply with quote

I understand that the Sealed Generator for M-L cannot process Mythic rares at the current time. Is there any atempt to fix this? I have a PTQ on the 18th. But isn't the release day the 17th? How am i suppose to get any practice in? anyone have any advice? I was unable to attend the Pre-Release... so...
Omnomcake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Shards Sealed Reply with quote

Hank333 wrote:
I understand that the Sealed Generator for M-L cannot process Mythic rares at the current time. Is there any atempt to fix this? I have a PTQ on the 18th. But isn't the release day the 17th? How am i suppose to get any practice in? anyone have any advice? I was unable to attend the Pre-Release... so...

Go to the release? Quit complaining about M-L, these people do this job for practically nothing, it may seem like an easy task to make a sealed pool generator just a little different, but its not. Im sure they are working on it =)
Hank333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not complaining. I love m-l. I am just asking. Hell i pay for MTGO and that i already know it will be no help for my current situation.
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see it as a complaint at all...
i dont know if theres any progress. there will be plenty of time to get practice in, though, i'm sure. as a quick pointer all the mythics are very good except for the mirror. the 8cost guys tend to win games and the average sealed pool DOES have a mythic rare in it.

the format is mostly shard+1 splash. the release tournament will not help you practice because deckbuilding is restricted.

good luck
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ofcorse there will be attempts to fix this. And most problems have been fixed already

the format is mostly shard+1 splash. the release tournament will not help you practice because deckbuilding is restricted.
--> TOs can have it as "theme sealed" which would restrict deckbuilding on one shard, but thats just an options TOs have, not a default
toor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that release events (those giving away the ajani) have to be theme events. At least looking at that instructions given to my local shop from wizards thats what it seems like to me.
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the set comes out in 3 days... how is hard to test for a ptq on the 18th
AkYo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a better constructed player at (1800+ rating) but I had trouble with deck building.. I use in rav block but without those bounce lands and the easy casting signets the format is rough .. 3 casting obelesk are annoying to play.. but it is kind of necessary and adding those fetch lands into your sealed is a must.. so the game gets started on turn 3-4 almost all of my games went land go for 1-2 ..

My mistake was playing into aggroish varient with a very clunky curve.. so dont force yourself into that if you don't have the cards.. I quickly changed my build to UBrg I had alot more removal in the UB and only 1 good flyer that was rare.. suprisingly I resolved the cruel ultimatum in 4 of my games which saved or sealed the win .. the X casting artifact is a house in limited.. I played against that like 3 times and was really upset when someone played it because it changed the game in their favor most of the time my record was like 3-2..

After the pre-release i went back to my table and figured out how insane exalt was and how i could have used other GW cards .. like that 0/4 white wall with exalt and the 1/3 green exalt creature having a pair of both of those and a few more exalt creatures.. I would expect to use that strategy in the future because it gets really insane when you curve out.. I am always on the draw in this format because it is really slow and you cannot afford to miss 1 land drop in the first 4 turns.. hopefully you reading this helps.. good luck at the ptq
[R]Nchamay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To go off on somewhat of a tangent, the exalt ability is really good early game, but what most players wont do is realize they need to win faster, and swing with more than one creature late game. If you are playing a deck that can stabalize, you are screwed once it does.
Enrra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[R]Nchamay wrote:
To go off on somewhat of a tangent, the exalt ability is really good early game, but what most players wont do is realize they need to win faster, and swing with more than one creature late game. If you are playing a deck that can stabalize, you are screwed once it does.

Anyway you can allways have some mostodon, flying exalted bird or the UG infiltrator. º.º
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1