Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW Oversoul

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
jdf121

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: GW Oversoul Reply with quote

Here is my buddies list for GW oversoul. I like the deck and it can have some explosive draws. But, it scoops EVERY time to KK. Could anyone give me any suggestions. Thanks. Also, it can easily be a block deck, but this is the version with blands, so..

12 Plains
4 Brushland
3 Wooded Bastion
3 Mosswort Bridge

4 Kitchen Finks
4 Wilt-Leaf Cavaliers
3 Gaddock Teeg
3 Wilt-Leaf Liege
3 Safehold elite
3 cloudthresher
2 Oversoul of Dusk

4 Shield of the Oversoul
4 Barkshell Blessing
3 Oblivion RIng
3 Unmake
2 Pollen Lullaby

Sideboard

4 Elvish hexhunter
3 Turn to mist
3 Gutteral Response
3 Bottle Gnomes
2 Pollen Lullaby

I really think the o rings need to go. I also prefer forge tender over gnomes for red, 'cause obv it take care of f spout. Maybe wispmare over hexhunter. I just like the one mana evoke and done..

Other than that, any test or proven suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is "kk"?
rdeg87

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean CC by any chance???

Anyways if its a standard deck your after try this....
Ridiculously fast fatty green deck courtesy of those crazy japanese.

4 Chameleon Colossus
4 Cloudthresher
4 Devoted Druid
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Magus of the Vineyard
4 Oversoul of Dusk
4 Yavimaya Dryad
4 Loxodon Warhammer
10 Forest
4 Horizon Canopy
4 Mutavault
2 Pendelhaven
4 Treetop Village
4 Garruk Wildspeaker

Sideboard:

2 Grim Poppet
3 Kitchen Finks
3 Razormane Masticore
2 Krosan Grip
2 Squall Line
3 Wheel of Sun and Moon
jdf121

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kithkin, people.. Get on ur game..
jdf121

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways, Im sticking to the GW oversoul/GW Little Kid archetype. Any help or thoughts? Its a solid deck, but seems to be missing something.
vinnn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-2 pollen lullaby
-3 unmake

+2 saffi
+3 llanowar elves

you need a 1 drop, try the gw witch, hexhunter, or elves. imo elves will accelerate you into a turn 2 cavaliers/finks. which is always great against kithkin/aggro.

saffi will save your guys or create problems like time walking. figure this: you got teeg, an elite and saffi on board. They want to damnation but they gotta target teeg with terror to do so. you could time walk 1 turn. but if you use saffi. you're actually time walking 2 or more turns. saffi also saves your biggies like oversoul and liege.

and it can also wreck faeries if you do "evoke thresher, evoke on the stack , sack saffi targeting thresher" Take 4. goodbye mistbind.

unmakes triple white isn't looking very good because you need GGGG for thresher. make it 8 forests 4 plains after the switch

try those out. Smile

also the SB is sloppy.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kithkin wins every game because your best move is Shield of the Oversoul pwnage and they typically play 6+ cards in there that easily deal with it (Temporal Isolation, Crib Swap, Unmake, Oblivion Ring - even Harrier).

That version also only have 6 2-drops so it is slow in the beginning. Take out Barkshell Blessing and Pollen Lullaby for 4 Llanowar Elves and 2 Loxodon Warhammer. I also agree that Unmake and Cloudthresher in the same deck is less than optimal. You will have to choose between them. Instead of Mosswort Bridge use Llanowar Reborn. Works great with Persist.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1