Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MYOS U/B Control - Invasion / Time Spiral / 6th

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Atub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: MYOS U/B Control - Invasion / Time Spiral / 6th Reply with quote

Lands - 25
10 [TSP] Island
5 [ARE] Swamp
2 [TSP] Dreadship Reef
4 [6E] Underground River
4 [FUT] River of Tears

Creatures - 11
4 [FUT] Tombstalker
4 [TSB] Shadowmage Infiltrator
3 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

Spells - 24
4 [6E] Power Sink
2 [FUT] Pact of Negation
2 [6E] Terror
4 [IN] Fact or Fiction
4 [6E] Counterspell
4 [TSP] Ancestral Vision
4 [PLC] Damnation

Sideboard
SB: 4 [7E] Engineered Plague
SB: 4 [6E] Chill
SB: 4 [PLC] Extirpate
SB: 3 [FUT] Slaughter Pact

I don't have a lot of information on this deck yet, it's only been through 1 round with Slaver - went 1-1. Thank you Extirpate. Smile

Any advice would be helpful, especially with SB - I don't know much about the meta in MYOS. I don't even know how much of a meta there is.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that you should use 5th as your core set. The disk is to hard to pass up! I would even cut one Damnation from the main deck for it. I was working on a URg TRON deck and I used 5th as my base set and WOW is disk good in the format! It kills everything but lands.

Just think of the game state. You pop a disk vs a midrange deck and you have lots of storage counters ( or TRON in my case ).

The best thing about disk is it gives you a way out vs powerful enchantments like Sap. Burst, Bitterblossom, Wake, and Mesa. So why would would you pick 6th over 5th?
Orlandu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Er Reply with quote

If the only thing you use invasion block for is FoF why not just drop it for Lorwyn? You get Cryptic Command, Bitterblossom, and mutavault, all of which would be awesome in your deck.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While FOF is nuts, you could use Ice Age for Force of Will, Brainstorm, Dismiss, and others

Teachings also would be good to tutor for the Forbid lockdown while you beatdown with Tombstalker from the air!

Teachings is a shuffle effect for a late Brainstorm as well so I would def look at that as well.

What about 'Tog flashed in at EOT for the win?
ZW

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k my bad

Last edited by ZW on Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm not a mod ZW but that should be handled over pm and not a thread. Please player to player keep the posts on topic. I love moys and want to help the format.
goat314

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're keeping Invasion Block, why not Undermine? To me Undermine is way better than Power Sink.

*edit* AK not in invasion, whoopsy
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can u play engineered plague and chill. this is my myos tog deck that i updated from nassifs invitational deck.

// Lands
4 [CS] Frost Marsh
4 [CS] Scrying Sheets
9 [CS] Snow-Covered Island
2 [CS] Snow-Covered Swamp
4 [10E] Underground River
1 [CS] Mouth of Ronom

// Creatures
4 [OD] Shadowmage Infiltrator
2 [OD] Psychatog

// Spells
4 [7E] Force Spike
2 [OD] Predict
2 [OD] Upheaval
2 [7E] Engineered Plague
4 [AL] Force of Will
4 [MM] Brainstorm
4 [B] Counterspell
3 [JU] Cunning Wish
2 [US] Duress
2 [TO] Chainer's Edict

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [7E] Engineered Plague
SB: 1 [US] Duress
SB: 1 [AL] Contagion
SB: 1 [10E] Boomerang
SB: 1 [AL] Arcane Denial (1)
SB: 1 [OD] Coffin Purge
SB: 1 [TO] Deep Analysis
SB: 1 [OD] Ghastly Demise
SB: 1 [7E] Mana Short
SB: 3 [CS] Phyrexian Ironfoot
SB: 1 [7E] Opportunity
SB: 2 [7E] Arcane Laboratory
gypsy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R3wind wrote:
While FOF is nuts, you could use Ice Age for Force of Will, Brainstorm, Dismiss, and others

Teachings also would be good to tutor for the Forbid lockdown while you beatdown with Tombstalker from the air!

Teachings is a shuffle effect for a late Brainstorm as well so I would def look at that as well.

What about 'Tog flashed in at EOT for the win?

except that there isnt that much good stuff in rath block other than forbid
Zerotlr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 4 damnation main is too much, and like others pointed disk would help a lot from 5th, but then you lose chill wich is an awesome sb option (replace with hydroblast). (you can get disk + academy ruins ). Invasion is not helping that much, as fof is awesome but a bit slow, you need more early game removal-counters (contagion, fow), as power sink is a somewhat inferior option.

In the SB, you want trickbind for Dragonstorm, and some way to gain life. A pact or 2 maindeck would be fine. Extirparte while good, is not that helpful against survival and dredge as tormod's crypt.

About the meta, the deck(main) seems especially weak against faeries, rdw, goblin, dragonstorm, armageddon-decks, so that's where your sb should focus.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1