Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MYOS izzetron

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
shadow483

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: MYOS izzetron Reply with quote

Ravnica Time spiral 9th

Its a U/R tron deck. The idea is to sit behind a wall of counter magic and when you've assembled the tron finish them with demonfire, Triskelion recursion, or hellkites.

// Lands
1 [TSP] Academy Ruins
4 [9E] Urza's Mine
1 [TSP] Island (2)
4 [9E] Urza's Power Plant
4 [9E] Urza's Tower
2 [FUT] Tolaria West
4 [GP] Steam Vents
4 [9E] Shivan Reef

// Creatures
3 [TSP] Bogardan Hellkite
1 [TSP] Triskelavus

// Spells
3 [GP] Repeal
2 [DIS] Demonfire
4 [GP] Electrolyze
1 [9E] Tidings
2 [DIS] Simic Signet
4 [GP] Izzet Signet
3 [9E] Wildfire
4 [9E] Mana Leak
4 [RAV] Remand
1 [TSP] Spell Burst
4 [RAV] Compulsive Research

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [FUT] Take Possession
SB: 4 [TSB] Tormod's Crypt
SB: 3 [9E] Pyroclasm
SB: 4 [PLC] Sulfur Elemental

I'm not sure about using time spiral. Kamigawa allows me meloku Keiga, gifts, and top, but hellkites and triskeleon recursion seems like a good reason to run time spiral. Any thoughts?
Balthazar88
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you drop Time Spiral you loose most important Academy Ruins and Tormod's Crypt, which I think you can't afford to loose.
Middleman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Academy ruins is fairly crap if you don't have the Mindslavers to go with it.
coat3021

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having Played tron since Mono-U Tron was popular till it rotated out of standard, the best build in terms of power level was Mirrodin-Kamigawa. You got top, Slaver, Keiga, Triskelion, Gifts Ungiven, Compulsive Research and loads of other fun toys. The best part is, if you're desparate to add red, Ninth Edition, with painlands, was briefly legal with the two blocks. Give it a try if you want a slightly different take on the deck.

Rich
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new spin on Tron. Mainly focused on Urza's Rage for the win. I agree with coat3021 for the most part. Picking 5th give one of the most power tools that TRON could ever play, Nevinyrral's Disk. That's right. I don't know why you would not play this card if you could.

As for the list that I will post, mana fixing is very important for TRON. INV, RAV, and 5th provide the TRON, pain, and shocklands. This will make your aggro match a bit rough so you may want to find some life gain for your sideboard. Also not having Wildfire is not that big of a deal if you have the DISK! The Kavu and weird are for board control. Weird is mostly there for one of the worst matches BDW. Weird kills Sliver Knight and Paladin en-Vec. Also there are some table states that you will not want to pop the disk but need to remove a threat. The list is not tested. You may find that more land is better then Izzet Signet or that 4 Nevinyrral's Disk is over doing it. I wanted to post this list to show the power that you can get from 5th a your base set.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [5E] Urza's Mine
4 [5E] Urza's Power Plant
4 [5E] Urza's Tower
4 [GP] Steam Vents
4 [AP] Shivan Reef
2 [GP] Izzet Boilerworks
2 [RAV] Island (1)

// Creatures
4 [PS] Flametongue Kavu
2 [RAV] Cerulean Sphinx
2 [5E] Shivan Dragon

// Spells
4 [5E] Power Sink
4 [RAV] Remand
4 [RAV] Compulsive Research
4 [IN] Urza's Rage
4 [GP] Izzet Signet
4 [5E] Nevinyrral's Disk
4 [AP] Prophetic Bolt

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [GP] Repeal
SB: 4 [GP] Electrolyze
SB: 3 [DIS] Spell Snare
SB: 2 [DIS] Demonfire
SB: 2 [DIS] Muse Vessel

Edited to provide a better tested list.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1