Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Deck that Broke MYOS

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: The Deck that Broke MYOS Reply with quote

Okay I bold statement I admit, but this deck seriously is over 60% with most of the decks people play in MYOS. I was working on this deck for a while and I was planning on playing some more MYOS minis in the future with this deck but I'm just to busy. Most of your losses will be to Goblins, Burn or Sligh.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
24 [5E] Island (3)

// Spells
4 [NE] Daze
3 [MM] Thwart
4 [VI] Anvil of Bogardan
4 [VI] Impulse
4 [5E] Stasis
2 [NE] Ensnare
3 [PY] Foil
2 [5E] Boomerang
4 [5E] Counterspell
4 [5E] Howling Mine
1 [WL] Abjure
1 [5E] Feldon's Cane

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [MM] Thwart
SB: 1 [NE] Ensnare
SB: 3 [MM] Misdirection
SB: 3 [VI] Dream Tides
SB: 4 [MM] Saprazzan Legate
SB: 1 [5E] Time Elemental
SB: 2 [VI] Vision Charm

So here's how it works, you play a few quick Howling Mine effects and such then drop a Stasis, then you draw buttloads or cards each turn and use your free counterspells to return Islands to you hand (= longer Stasis), maybe bounce/Abjure Stasis for a huge untap, and eventually your opponent runs out of cards. Feldon's Cane is there for emergencies but usually not needed. Once you get 2 Mine effects in play and stick a Stasis you basically win unless you are playing against Burn. You are drawing 3 cards a turn and 24lands + 9 land bounce cards = over 1/2 your deck fuels a Stasis. Just remember
1: You don't need to counter everything only enough to live until your opponent draws out.
2: Ensnare is as good as a counter against creatures when Stasis is out.
3: Against blue control, they are playing the aggro role and your counters are free.
4: Burn is the worst, Fireblast is the worstest.
5: Against Combo your counters are free, go nuts. For the most part the more cards in your hand the better, AKA they are racing for the kill you are racing to lock them out of the game and usually you have 3 times as many counters as they have cards you need to counter and most of your counters are free.
6: Call a judge as soon as you suspect slow play (for obvious reasons).
7: The sideboard is not thoroughly tested, Abjure is not tested (I'm fence about Abjure).
8: This is a hard deck to play so if you suck don't play it.
rehpotsirhc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a stasis list that i just threw together, seems like a regular ol' stasis deck to me. no sb because i dont know what gets played in myos, but i think i'd have at least one tormod's crypt in it.

// Lands
9 [7E] Island (1)
4 [CS] Boreal Shelf
4 [IA] Adarkar Wastes
4 [5E] City of Brass
1 [5E] Forest (1)

// Spells
4 [AL] Force of Will
4 [AL] Arcane Denial (2)
2 [IA] Despotic Scepter
2 [MI] Disenchant
2 [IA] Swords to Plowshares
2 [WL] Gaea's Blessing
4 [5E] Howling Mine
2 [5E] Recall
4 [5E] Boomerang
1 [5E] Kismet
4 [5E] Brainstorm
3 [MI] Enlightened Tutor
4 [5E] Stasis
Zerotlr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck beating anything remotely good with a engine based on howling mine.
gypsy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how come ur not playing brainstorm? and this takes forever to win so its probably not good.
XFive

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could always run a Rainbow Efreet or something.

Kinda like Buehler's deck back in the day.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Good luck beating anything remotely good with a engine based on howling mine."
Okay well it happens, Owling Mine had it's run at that one major and compared to this deck it relied on bounce instead of free counters and Stasis. You basically are about 75% vs. any control deck, eventually they will have to play their big spell or try to counter something you play and get into a counter war, at that point you have free counters and next turn you drop a Stasis and there is not much they can do. This is not a "in theory" type thing, I really don't think I've ever lost to a control deck with this. Vs. Aggro you just drop 2-3 Mines as quick as possible then Stasis and hold out for 10-12 turns. It might sound stupid but when you opponent taps out to attack every turn then you drop Stasis and they can only drop 1 land every turn they have to play around 4 Dazes, 6 free counters, and 2 Ensnares and at this point you are drawing 3-5 cards a turn. To put it simply the odds are usually in your favor. Burn is a bad matchup because most people play the set with Fireblast and 16 points of free damage is bad news for you, Goblins are not so good because Lackey cheats mana, Warchief cheats mana and gives haste, Piledriver kills early and has pro blue, and Commander makes uncounterable damage.

I don't run Brainstorm because it's not a good card when you can't shuffle your deck and you don't really want to draw too much anyways.

Rainbow Efreet would take would take 7 turns to kill and be a pain to play and maintain, it would cut the time the deck takes to win in half, but that's not saying much since it doesn't have vigilance.
Orlandu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Heh Reply with quote

Yeah I usually hate drawing extra cards, I almost never win when I have more cards in hand than my opponent.
Black_Dog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arkadias wrote:
Quote:
I don't run Brainstorm because it's not a good card when you can't shuffle your deck and you don't really want to draw too much anyways.

rofl

2nd the rofl

And fast fucking aggro would tear into a thousand pieces.

points for building around stasis though. before necro ruled, their was stasis.
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NahHolmes wrote:

I completely agree.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brainstorm is bad for this deck period, Impulse does what you need, it digs 4 deep and tutors up Mine and Stasis. Brainstorm on the other hand sucks, sure it digs 3 deep but then you put the 2 worst cards in your hand on top of your deck and draw them again, not only that but you put yourself 1 card closer to decking yourself, not only that but you have to cut cards to put in Brainstorm. Brainstorm would be good against heavy discard and it's bad against everything else. This isn't Legacy or Vintage. If any of you geniuses can add 4x Brainstorms to this deck and make it better go ahead and show me, otherwise admit you're wrong and go post in the T2 forum.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Dog wrote:
arkadias wrote:
Quote:

rofl

2nd the rofl

And fast fucking aggro would tear into a thousand pieces.

points for building around stasis though. before necro ruled, their was stasis.

You lose to Sligh and Gobs, other fast aggro you actually have good odds. Game 2-3 it gets a little better as you have Legate vs. Red Aggro and Dream Tides vs. everything else.
jdf121

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here’s my MYOS Stasis List that uses 5th Ice age and Mirrodin. No sb yet.
20 Island
4 City of Brass
4 Adarkar Wastes

2 Despotic Scepter
4 Force of Will
4 Counterspell
4 Boomerang
2 Kismet
2 Disenchant
3 Power Sink
1 Feldon’s Cane
2 Swords to plowshares
2 Howling Mine
2 Eon Hub

Eon Hub is 5, but with stasis it gives you less to think about.
Middleman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the plan is just to scoop to dredge?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1