Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MYOS WBR Control.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: MYOS WBR Control. Reply with quote

I want to build a deck based from this deck. I thing that it has a good game plan. Hand disruption and board control with card advanage from Arena.

2 x Graven Cairns
3 x Godless Shrine
3 x Sacred Foundry
2 x Blood Crypt
2 x Gemstone Mine
1 x Rakdos Carnarium
1 x Orzhov Basilica
1 x Boros Garrison
1 x Urza's Factory
1 x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
2 x Flagstones of Trokair
2 x Ghost Quarter
1 x Plains
2 x Swamp

3 x Sulfur Elemental
2 x Dimir House Guard
2 x Bogardan Hellkite
2 x Angel of Despair
1 x Firemane Angel
1 x Detritivore

4 x Lightning Helix
2 x Persecute
3 x Castigate
2 x Faith's Fetters
1 x Demonfire
2 x Damnation
2 x Wrath of God
3 x Phyrexian Arena
2 x Mortify
1 x Boros Signet
2 x Orzhov Signet
1 x Phyrexian Totem

SIDEBOARD
2 x Deathmark
1 x Sulfur Elemental
2 x Circle of Protection: Red
3 x Extirpate
2 x Calciderm
1 x Castigate
4 x Hide // Seek

I don't feel that TSP adds a lot to the deck other then Extirpate on the sideboard. Graveyard hate seems very important to MYOS. I intend to drop TSP for another set. What set would you think adds the most to this deck? I was thinking that Urza's has some great finishers. Your thoughts would be great.
Xctu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe invasion block for Vindicate, Angel of Despair, Gerrard's Veredict, FTK...
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what core set are u using
bedlam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Angel of Despair Reply with quote

I believe you were looking for Desolation Angel. But you are not wrong. Apocalypse is chocked full of tasty bits for this type of deck. Just off the top of my head:

Desolation Angel
Desolation Giant - can always use another wrath
Goblin Trenches
Death Grasp
Phyrexian Arena
Vindicate
Gerrards Verdict
Goblin Legionare
both enemy pain lands
Zerotlr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this looks like a really bad solar flare, you need invasion for:

flametongue kavu, vindicate, terminate, plague splitter and other cards already mentioned. Also you get phyrexian arena so you can free the core set for earthquake and the like.

Last edited by Zerotlr on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
bedlam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Base set Reply with quote

Not to take over this discussion completely, but you should really take a serious look at Onslaught for your base set.

options include but are in no way limited to:

Exulted angel
Silent Specter
Smother
Blackmail
Weathered Wayfarer
Akormas Vengance
Slice and Dice

and sac land goodness.
Xctu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Angel of Despair Reply with quote

bedlam wrote:
I believe you were looking for Desolation Angel. But you are not wrong. Apocalypse is chocked full of tasty bits for this type of deck. Just off the top of my head:

Desolation Angel
Desolation Giant - can always use another wrath
Goblin Trenches
Death Grasp
Phyrexian Arena
Vindicate
Gerrards Verdict
Goblin Legionare
both enemy pain lands

Yeah sorry, thats what i meant.
I'd definetly go with Invasion (Angel, terminate, vindicate, arena, ftk, maybe verdict) and 7th (Earthquake, duress)
bedlam

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: 7th Reply with quote

Nice choice on base! That also gives you access to wrath, persecute and engineered plague.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Base set Reply with quote

bedlam wrote:
Not to take over this discussion completely, but you should really take a serious look at Onslaught for your base set.

options include but are in no way limited to:

Exulted angel
Silent Specter
Smother
Blackmail
Weathered Wayfarer
Akormas Vengance
Slice and Dice

and sac land goodness.

way to not mention starstorm
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how can u play deathmark sb?
bedlam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: read the post before you reply Reply with quote

the example given was a Standard legal deck that he is trying to adapt to MYOS. Thats not the actual deck.
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the ideas that everyone posted. Thanks for all of the help.

It still needs to be tuned. Invasion block did have the most to offer. I went with a mana base from Ravnica: City of Guilds and Invasion. The base set does not offer much other then Persecute and Wrath of God.

Here is the list. WBR RAV-INV-7th Control

// Lands
3 [GP] Godless Shrine
3 [RAV] Sacred Foundry
3 [DIS] Blood Crypt
3 [SHM] Plains (2)
3 [SHM] Swamp (2)
3 [DIS] Ghost Quarter
1 [RAV] Boros Garrison
1 [GP] Orzhov Basilica
1 [DIS] Rakdos Carnarium
1 [IN] Keldon Necropolis
1 [DIS] Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace

// Creatures
4 [PS] Flametongue Kavu
3 [RAV] Firemane Angel
3 [GP] Angel of Despair
3 [RAV] Dimir House Guard
1 [IN] Reya Dawnbringer

// Spells
4 [RAV] Lightning Helix
4 [AP] Vindicate
3 [GP] Castigate
3 [AP] Phyrexian Arena
3 [10E] Wrath of God
2 [RAV] Boros Signet
2 [GP] Orzhov Signet
2 [US] Persecute

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [GP] Leyline of the Void
SB: 3 [TE] Circle of Protection: Red
SB: 3 [DIS] Hide/Seek
SB: 3 [RAV] Faith's Fetters
SB: 2 [DIS] Demonfire

As for the creature choices. Flametongue Kavu seems like an auto include as the deck wins via card advantage and board control. Four may not be the correct number of Flametongue Kavu for this deck. Firemane Angel is just great over all. Firemane Angel; gains life to stall, has Flying, and can come into play without being countered. All of the abilities that Firemane Angel that had help the deck's game plan. On top of all of that Firemane Angel has great synergy with Phyrexian Arena. Three is the max number that I would even play in a deck as Extirpate and other graveyard hate will be on every sideboard. Angel of Despair is just plain nuts. I hear that Vindicate is good for 1WB. I hear that Vindicate with a 5/5 Flying body for 3WWBB is nuts! It is unfortunate that 3WWBB is hard to come up with sometimes so three of this powerhouse seems to be the correct number. I would never go under two in the main deck. Your opponent will always have a target for Angel of Despair. Dimir House Guard is your tutor for Wrath of God, Persecute, Hide/Seek, Faith's Fetters, and Leyline of the Void. There are some under used techniques for using Dimir House Guard. One of the surprise things that most players will not look for is casting Dimir House Guard with a creature in play that has a come into play effect like Angel of Despair. You now have a sacrifice outlet setup Reya Dawnbringer recursion.

Now for the manabase choices. As I wrote above, Ravnica: City of Guilds has the best mana fixing in the format. There is a downside to that manabase, it's slow!!! I did add some utility lands to the mix like Keldon Necropolis (uncounterable removal/damage), Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (uncounterable hand disruption/Reya Dawnbringer recursion), and the Signet bounce lands for large mana production.

I would like some folks to play test with on Friday. I have the day off.
Middleman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duress >>>>> Castigate

I'd also put some Engineered Plagues in the SB.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1