Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is There Gonna Be Big End Of The Year Tourney?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Do you think there Should be a End of the Year Tournament? If so What Format Should it be?
No, I don't think should be a End of the Year Tournament
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Yes, It Should be Type 2
43%
 43%  [ 16 ]
Yes, It should be Type 1
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Yes, It Should be Legacy/Type 1.5
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Yes, It should be Extended/ Type 1.X
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Yes, It Should Be Block
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, It should be a mixture of 2 or more Formats
29%
 29%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 37

DaMasta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Is There Gonna Be Big End Of The Year Tourney? Reply with quote

I wasn't in this league for such a long time so I don't know if there is a Big End of The Year tournament. Well I asked around and checked around and it seems like there isn't. Well I think there Should be Like a Big Tournament Possibly make it a 2 day event, Give master winners like 2 buys in addition to thier prize and of course Give more money to the winners Very Happy that is of course if the league could financialy support it Sad . Maybe you should offer the sponsors like Alot of advertising in the channel that day and maybe they'll hook us up with a some extra store credit or cards or somthing. I'm sure this would be alot of fun and attract alot more people to the league. And either way somthing should have the k-value 48 cause whats the point of showing it in the rating calculator? Please Share your views on the topic And answer the poll.
KnowN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A huge tourney would be the shit. If the league could afford it the prizes should come out to a total of $1000+ given to the top 8 players and adding cards to the prize pool isn't a bad idea either. A really cool plan would be if a few people would send a couple of cards in to add as prizes this league did alot for us so to send a couple of extra rares shouldnt be too tough. I didn't have time to play on line for a long time I only had time to be semi active in the forums but for this I definitly would find the time to play.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: ?! Reply with quote

The weed that u smoke must be the sh|t. Final Tourney with $1000 of prize for top 8?
Keep dreaming son...wake up for the real world
snoopster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be an end of the year tourney, with about a $300 prize pool.

There should also be qualifying tournies the 2 weeks leading up to it.

Invites as follows:
-Top 15 ranked players
-Master Finalists over the year(I would do the winners, but a lot of people split in the finals)
-Winners of qualifying tournies
-Gerrardfo, cuz he's sexay
Hedges

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it should be like worlds t2, draft, ext =). then cut to t8.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Laughing out Loud! Reply with quote

sure sure...... and i believe in easter bunny and santa , he lives in the north of finland u know?
Red-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like snoops idea, it's kinda like how the old master system was with the invites. Make it like worlds R a W R! And a major tourney for each format!
DaMasta

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Laughing out Loud! Reply with quote

BloodOcean wrote:
sure sure...... and i believe in easter bunny and santa , he lives in the north of finland u know?

Its just an idea so CHILL! And they don't live north of finland!!! IDIOT!!!!
brottor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea...and i think every player can send 1 rare..think about it, if almost every player-every player in this league sends in a rare...how many is that 1k? I think T8 of this "huge tourny" should get the rares, 1st gets 1st pick 2nd takes 2nd...etc..etc.
ant900

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont mind sending in a few rares...
Red-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brottor wrote:
I like that idea...and i think every player can send 1 rare..think about it, if almost every player-every player in this league sends in a rare...how many is that 1k? I think T8 of this "huge tourny" should get the rares, 1st gets 1st pick 2nd takes 2nd...etc..etc.

If you're going to do that by picks with 1000+ people then that's just not feasible, btw nobody wants crap rares anyway :/
ant900

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt mind getting a crap load of crap rares Smile i got a bunch of n00bs at my school who would trade quantity over quality any day
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopster wrote:
There should be an end of the year tourney, with about a $300 prize pool.

There should also be qualifying tournies the 2 weeks leading up to it.

Invites as follows:
-Top 15 ranked players
-Master Finalists over the year(I would do the winners, but a lot of people split in the finals)
-Winners of qualifying tournies
-Gerrardfo, cuz he's sexay

I am totally on board with that last part. Though if we were to do this, it would be similar to the Legacy master a month and half back; we'd need to advertise for it far in advance, and perhaps have a summation of four weeks of top X people in trials qualify for it, along with ratings, etc. If anything, there definitely should be invites, because having a random person walk on and get lucky is a bit annoying...not that it doesn't happen anyway sometimes.

As for format, doing a divide between formats would be a bit hard on whoever the TC is (whether it be Dehydration or other). He has to work hard with DCI reporter, then he'd have to enter everything into the site. That would mean that he'd enter in everybody for X constructed rounds, then re-enter the players in for limited rounds...we'd have to do Constructed for main formats such as type 2 and extended. Could be a split there, though Koen/Laplie/LordHawk should be consulted with.
ant900

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would he have to use dci reporter? the judges use the site for the ratings and everything...
Mr-e-kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO $10 entry, theres your prize fund and yes it should be 3 formats, T2 ,Draft and Extended.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2